Studio-style mixing environment with Virtual Circuitry Modeling effects
4 intelligent arpeggiators with instant Performance Recording
Integrated Sampling Sequencer with 1GB of optional memory
Total Computer Integration and Cubase AI software included

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
damn... that m3 fucked my whole perception of life up.. but we'll see whats good

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the m3 is interesting i just don't believe all of korg's marketing stuff with this...honestly i think its a half ass attempt to cover their losses on the oasys which has sold some units but hasn't been nearly as successful as they hoped it would..

this motif isn't just another motif...its got another 50% of wave rom to sample from, and then entire rom has been resampled. the playing options like articulations and stuff are pretty sick i think, and from everything i've seen, KARMA, which korg tries to make out as some revolutionary system, is basicaly a slightly more sophisticated rip off of the motif's original idea on that. i've listened to audio demos of both and the quality on the motif just sounds a notch higher to me, but either of these are gonna be real nice pieces to have.

by the way mark the m3 is about 2500 for a 61 key, its actually not as bad as i had expected.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
a complaint i got about the motif is that for me its to difficult to get into the editing . .. to many menus and hold this while pressing this type of shit .. i just stick with the presets really cuz its too much of a pain in the ass .. the korg looks like its easier to program and more accesibitly .. i played around with the oasys for a like a half hour and i was doin things that i couldnt figure out on the motif WITH the manual ... if the new motif is easier to program than the old one then i may get it but the other thing is that ive never had a korg piece before so i kinda want to go that route just because ive never had a korg anything before

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
a complaint i got about the motif is that for me its to difficult to get into the editing . .. to many menus and hold this while pressing this type of shit .. i just stick with the presets really cuz its too much of a pain in the ass .. the korg looks like its easier to program and more accesibitly .. i played around with the oasys for a like a half hour and i was doin things that i couldnt figure out on the motif WITH the manual ... if the new motif is easier to program than the old one then i may get it but the other thing is that ive never had a korg piece before so i kinda want to go that route just because ive never had a korg anything before

ash thats good to know cause i'm big on tweaking and creating more custom sounds so i guess i need to take that into account. the m3 does seem like its got some pretty deep features as far as customizing and layering goes so maybe i'll go test that thing out.

how sick is the oasys btw...the sounds on that thing are amazing.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.

Yo i have the same problem with my motif....i have to go in to this menu and start of in this and that mode just to edit a fuckin sound.....i thought i was just reading the manual wrong....i glad to see others have this problem tooo

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
LOL damn i thought i had difficulty understanding the manual for the Motif.... I have the ES Rack and editing voices on the rack sucks... honestly I don't even know where to start. The only thing I've used to edit sounds are the voice editing software that the yamaha website have for the ES Rack. U can transfer data back and forth via USB. But sometimes the sound locks up and u gotta start all over again and that's what sucks. And ASH, I feel you cuz I mostly use presets on it too and tweak it a little with some fx and eq'n when I track it out to logic and etc.

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im with holmz on this one, i got the ES rack...i only use it for presets sometimes cuz i cant get my head around it. i thought i was crazy till i read this thread, makes me feel better. That Korg is definitely gonna be the shit, touch screen and all. the only thing i dont like is the rack is gonna run about 2 grand...

kojo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
oh yeah, I played the motif XS today at the guitar center. The new screen/GUI layout is real nice, the sounds are pretty much the same as the ES; a few new ones, and the older ones sound a lil bolder to my ears...overall, i don't see it as being worth upgrading over the ES if you are a current owner but for someone who doesn't have a yamaha yet, it looks like a good deal.

members online