* The official Paragon Black thread! *

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Greetings Dear IllBrothers (where are my IllSisters at?!),

The time has come - Paragon Black is officially ready. 3+ years in the making; Paragon Black is my joint project with our dear brother Agent Smith.

John and I have decided to release Paragon Black on the net. There will be no CDs released. We hope to release Paragon Black by late-October at the latest. News shall follow soon! The music is ready, we're basically waiting for abb-d to complete the cover-art (big props to the master of supreme design) :)

I (personally) don't want\intended to release any more CDs and I MOST DEFINITELY don't want to charge for my music. I want to spread my music FREELY & make it available for EVERYBODY. I wish to humbly enlighten people with my music, illuminate their souls... Charging for music is plain WRONG and I am not willing to be part of this evil industry game any further. It's time to unite rather than separate. No more divisions - STOP THE VICIOUS CIRCLE NOW... Free music for everybody - here and now! Global Spirit Evolution Via Sound!

Paragon Black will be officially released on the MAGNIFICENT Dusted Wax Kingdom Netlabel - http://dustedwax.org/

In my humble opinion, DWK is truly a FANTASTIC outlet! Brilliant releases, incredible folks & artists involved. There's a highly (profound) spiritual - sacred - quality about the music that's being released on DWK. Purity... I humbly think that Paragon Black fits perfectly into the niche and mood of the label... Many thanks to my brother Mitko for being such an amazing messenger of love and truth. This guy is the real thing. Utmost dedication & majestic musical talent. One Love!

* Paragon Black will have 7 songs; 3 with John on the mic, 4 sheer instrumentals; One LONG Opus (A Klezmer composition - spiritual Jewish music) & A Suite in two parts. Paragon Black features a vast mixture of various aromas and fragrances with a very strong accent on Jazz.

The tracklist, as well as further information and news, will be posted very soon. Keep your eyes open!

I promise you a unique experience listening to Paragon Black. I don't want to comment upon my musical arrangements, but I'd like to tell you that John has written some of the MOST AMAZING poetry ever heard within the hip-hop circuit. Transcendental Lyricism guaranteed to penetrate your MIND. I truly and honestly think that John has outdid himself; Never again and never before, this is a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME-EXPERIENCE.

Thank you very much for reading this & supporting my craft. John and I would like to thank y'all for all the kind help and positive reinforcement. We will be waiting for your sincere feedback once Paragon is out. Thanks again. Keep up the incredible work. May peace, love & light be upon y'all!

A Love Supreme,
Wings of an Angel & John Smith

... SYNCHRONIZING TO THE DIVINE RHYTHM OF THE UNIVERSE ...

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yo have been looking forward to this lp for a long time, big ups.

ill o.g.
Cover Art DONE!

I thank y'all for the kind support fellas, may peace be unto you!

Update: Maestro-designer abb-d has completed & perfected the PARAGON BLACK COVER ART. The result is ASTOUNDING. In my humble opinion, he captured the essence & spirit of the project PERFECTLY. Beautiful cover art, majestic use of colors and shadows & transcendental imagery.

Many thanks to abb-d for creating such a masterpiece... Thank you very much for contributing & supporting Paragon Black (from day one!).

The project shall be released VERY SOON... It's a matter of 14+ days or so...

The Track-List is:

1. Kourakan Prayer
2. Borne Of The Ether
3. Utopia-Dystopia Suite - The Darkness Of Unexplored Pavements
4. Utopia-Dystopia Suite - Listening to Death
5. Rhythm of the Universe
6. Traveler's Opus
7. Chasing Angels

Further-updates coming very soon. Thanks again brothers!

A Love Supreme,
Wings of an Angel

O

open mind

cant wait... should be an unique journey into your deepest parts of your guys souls.good looks keep us updated!

ill o.g.
... Paragon Black - What is it all about? .... (*WARNING*: teaser inside!)

As-Salamu Alaykum IllBrothers,

I thought I'd write a short description of each piece, so here it goes:

1. Kourakan Prayer = Abstract vision of the inner search... Exploring our divine temple & tuning unto the GOD within... The HIGHEST & PUREST PRAYER. Where every breath is a prayer...

2. Borne Of The Ether = Our spiritual birth... 2 vocal samples; one in Hebrew - A Yemenite Kabbalist reading from the very beginning of GENESIS. The second vocal is from an avant-garde jazz record, Conscious Afro-American poetry at its best...

3. Utopia-Dystopia Suite - The Darkness Of Unexplored Pavements: Metaphorically, our perpetual search for light, love & hope. It's about someone who is only allowed to exist and be conscious during the time in which it's light outside but the sun isn't up. Once the sun comes up, gravity switches but only for him, and he falls into the sky and gets knocked unconscious on the clouds...

4. Utopia-Dystopia Suite - Listening to Death: The SOUND of eternity.. THE SOUND OF DEATH... We will never die, this body is only the vehicle... Our spirit is infinite... "Seek the Sound that never ceases, seek the sun that never sets"

5. Rhythm of the Universe: SYNCHRONIZING TO THE DIVINE RHYTHM OF THE UNIVERSE... This is the rhythm of creation, the beat of the cosmos... According to the esoteric view of creation, it was sound and not light that appeared first. Called Nada Brahma or the Sound Celestial. "The universe was manifested out of the Divine Sound; From It came into being the Light."

6. Traveler's Opus: A journey from darkness to light and from light to darkness; from day to night and vice versa. Each one of us is essentially a traveler. This is the music of life, the music within our soul. "The Sound is inside us. It is invisible. Wherever I look I find it."

7. Chasing Angels: Neverending Struggle... Finding inner peace and liberating ourselves. Portrayal of a tormented artist, a lament... "Sound, stars, and light are all inside!
"

Good Night,
Wings of an Angel

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
Alright fools, my turn

as far as my joints go, i'll try to give you some background. before i do that, here's some background on the project itself. this project actually started right after wings released haloDim (like 2 years ago?) and it was sort of an artistic continuation of that. i originally hit wings up to do some production on the album i was working on at the time (screming in cursive). I finished that track (which ended up being the song "Chasing Angels") and Wings liked it so much that he asked me to do an entire project with him. Of course, I was down, and we started.

The mode i was in for writing this album was really similar to the one I was in on Screaming in Cursive (those of you that heard that album know what i mean). Each song that I'm a part of is a metaphor for how I was feeling at the time. A lot of the content is really cerebral and abstract and requires a few listens to really be able to chomp into it. As Wings said about the writing...its "singular, never before, and never again". Wings is the type of producer that pushes the artist into all kinds of crazy new and challenging places. You be the judge of whether or not I did it justice.

As far as where I am now, i'm in a different place both artistically and personally...which is not a bad thing, it's just evolution.

Kourokan Prayer: This is a concept track about someone who regains consciousness in a giant stone temple. He has no idea who he is or where he is. he just notices how beautiful it all is but how scary it all is at the same time.

Darkness of Unexplored Pavements: Wings explained this one already but it's about someone who is only allowed to walk the earth when it was morning. once the sun came up, he would lose control of gravity and fall upwards, getting knocked out on the clouds. This is a metaphor for seeing and even feeling where you need to go but being pulled back into darkness...even though it seems unreal how it happens.

Chasing Angels: another metaphor for wanting what seems unreal. this was actually the first track we did. This track is eeeeextra cryptic and congested. The reason is this: imagine chasing an angel, each time thinking you reached your goal, realizing it may not exist. this also a song to someone that was in my life at the time who was going through some ridiculous times as well. This person is the angel in the song. "the source of my elation and agony".

ill o.g.
Paragon Black has been released!

Good Evening Ill-Brothers/Sisters,

I hereby announce the official release of Paragon Black! I humbly invite you to download, experience and levitate! May this release bring you closer to the threshold of enlightenment!

You can get the LP @ http://dustedwax.org/dwk010.html

I also kindly invite you to visit the completely renewed WINGS OF AN ANGEL MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/halodim

Thank you very much,
Wings of an Angel