The Officical Illmuzik Producers' 2008 Resolution Thread (Post Yours)

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
We're already one week into it, but still it's Happy New Year to everybody that's down with Illmuzik. With every New Year comes new hope, motivation, and the opportunity to do things the right way.

The concept is simple: Post up what you areas of production you plan to get better at, or goals and projects you wanna complete, or moves you wanna make in '08.
The best thing about this site is that it's so many people that work together and help each other out that, if you are working on a project, somebody from Illmuzik might be able to push it past the finish line.

In 6 months or so, this thread can be re-visited to determine where we're at in relation to our goals/projects and re-assess if needed.

To trim the fat and keep it moving, only reply to others with suggestions and resources "I know a MC in your area who might be interested, lemme hook y'all up" is a lot more helpful than "That's hot sonnnnnnn! (lol)"

I don't know about y'all, but whenever somebody from Illmuzik posts up big things that they're working on or placements they got: it motivates me to keep pushing towards what I got in the works:

From my personal list of "45 things to do in '08": Here's a few of my own to set it off -
--------------------------------------------------------
Get My Team OnPoint - In my circle of friends that make a living via the Ent. industry,
I'm surrounded by a LOT of talented dudes, and they are running around doing big things, but many are not handling business properly, partying too much, and blowing advance $ on very ridiculous purchases (you don't wanna know lol!!!) .
In 2008, I will try not to be so busy, and be more of a leader (instead of a good example of hard work) and take time out to be more hands-on in helping my people do it the right way.

Continue to Rebuild Home Studio - The flood of my basement in '06 threw off my plans and I had to remove all equipment and work out of a good friend's studio to keep the flow going. Now that the basement is waterproofed, and carpeted, time to get ceiling redone, holla at the carpenter homie to get my booth re-done and get back to business.

Travel more in 08 - I haven't took a non-working trip to visit the producers, publicists, editors, DJ's, label reps that held me DOWN for these last few years and i think it's time.
Not in terms of going to work, but flying out JUST to kick it and relax with the people who have assisted my grind.
I HAVE to get up to Toronto, I need to get out to LA, and I owe at least 100 people lunch in Atlanta. Nothing beats a face-to-face encounter.

Get my Music Conference/Workshops off the Ground - The concept is rock solid, the investors ALL think it is a void that needs to be filled, now it just needs to be executed. Put the people in place and let's get, get, get it!

Continue Blowing Up From the Basement Articles - It's a good feeling to share my knowledge of this industry and write something down that can be referenced again and again and it actually helps someone. I've seen a lot of producers grow through working with them through PM. Funny thing is, it opened a lot of doors for ME in terms of being invited to speak at industry conferences and smalltime book offers, which I totally didn't expect.
It all started from wanting to add more content to the site besides the Forums.
Just keep putting out new stuff for '08 when time permits.

Collaborate on Full Projects Outside of my Extended Camp - Time to get a lil' more recognition for the work I put in, modesty is not a good quality in today's music business, unfortunately I'm over-modest and super humble. Extend myself more and work with the talent in my area and build from there.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
1. Complete my album by the end of summer.
2. Do a compilation LP or EP with DJ X-Sinna.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
-mine is to continue immersing myself in these records to better understand unique ways of constructing music.
-continue studying drums and how each percussive instrument contributes to the music.
-mainly my life, for now, is nothing but school, music, an a lab job (still looking). once the school/work priorities are handled than is all music in a sober mindframe. no social interference for me this year, that will come later.

our time is short, so from here on out i'm am going to do my best at making the most of it!

have a great day everyone,
-chrono t.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i wanna finish building my lo-fi breakbeat workstation.
get a animated video done and tour the hero.
get a couple of eldiablo EP's done.
start on the eldiablo full length.
start making beats with more organic sounds and live instrumentation.
thin out the equipment in my studio and start makin music in my apartment.
get a scsi kit for my asr 10 and a Multi card reader for my MPC and have them hooked up to external scsi hard drives.
finish up re-hab and get off probation.
work on getting my passport.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
From my personal list of "45 things to do in '08"
Sounds like some list you have.

My few are:
: Build a new computer (1 month)
: Build my new workstation desk (when it comes next week)
: Finish of my 2pac mixtape (3-5 months)
: Learn how to play/understand more with the keys (now till 09')
: Learn how to use Reason 4 when i move over from 3 (next month)
: Learn how to sample
: Learn more on mastering
: I also need to send of for my passport (1-2 weeks)

Those are the main few i can think of at the moment production related.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
finish my remix project (the songs are done, just have to tighten up the lil stuff)
get a new pc
another mpc2KXL (got dead pads on my current one)
get my 2nd beat disc done and out
hopefully contribute to some other projects.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
- Build more contacts, especially with underground cats
- Get my name out
- Collaborate with other producers
- Maybe create a production team
- Buy more equipment for home studio

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
-Drop my first album

-Collab and connect with as many new artists as I can (atleast 5 collabs is my goal)

-Get signed to an indie label

-Take my beats and rapping to the next level

-Hopefully start a small crew, maybe 2 emcees and myself for production. I really want to form one soon to really push my skills to the next level and make things more enjoyable (being able to work with peeps on a constant basis).

-Go to a music school to become a Recording Engineer (graduating from highschool this year, already applied to 3 music schools).

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Mine

Mine are:

• Pursue in obtaining my AA in Music and Engineering (Already enrolled in school)
  • Attend an Online Course at Berklee Online in Hip Hop Writing and Production (Based with Reason 3.0) all ready registed at Berklee.
  • Create a Demo for Dj and Promotional use. ( Already in the Works)
  • Begin taking piano lessons for a more loose feel on the keys ( Still looking :spinny:)
  • Read up on Engineering and Sound Develpment ( Got the Material, just need to Read)

On the side from music-

• Snowboard ( Big Trip on my Birthday this month)
  • Hawaii- In May (Right after classes end)
  • Hong Kong ( November 2008)

Good Luck to all doing their thing, and dont feel doubted if it doesnt happen all at once.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
This year I want to make beats that I'm actually happy with;
learn to use my equipment properly;
get better with the drums;
if I can achieve that to my satisfaction then I'd like to get some collaborations done and finish an album with my mate back in Aus., (depending on whether he can get his shit together too); if not with him then with someone else.

@ Kontents, if you're going to Hong Kong then you should get the ferry or train across to the mainland. I don't know how much time you're planning on spending but I wouldn't want to spend more than a week in Hong Kong, (it's not very big), and the rest of China is def. worth seeing. If you do decide to check it out PM me and I can recommend some places.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
@ Kontents, if you're going to Hong Kong then you should get the ferry or train across to the mainland. I don't know how much time you're planning on spending but I wouldn't want to spend more than a week in Hong Kong, (it's not very big), and the rest of China is def. worth seeing. If you do decide to check it out PM me and I can recommend some places.

Ya only going for about a week, but I'm going with a friend who has fam there so it wont be too bad, its not for sure yet, but It is on the agenda.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
music side
get better at dj'n with ableton
put out my mixtape
actually start doin some shit lol

off the record
Get my grades back up
Start back training in Muay Thai
Have my first fight MMA fight at the end of the year

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Mine was to quit cigs, happy to say it's been 4 days since I had one.

Word! nice man, you got like three months before its dirt under the rug, Cigs are hard to let go I've seen what they can do to people and can totally see where they are comming from, I'm grateful I aint hooked and only smoke sometimes, but even that makes you pick up a habbit.

Good luck with that man, you will definitly feel the benifit of quitting further in life.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks Kontents... and what you mean THREE months before its dirt unda the rug lol

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
Music wise

1)get Smash Brothers "Fear Factor" out (very very soon)

2)complete a film soundtrack project we got hollered at to do.

3)Complete another short experimental LP/EP

4)Place several records for a gospel artist my manager/mentor is working with from BET Sundays Best, also place a record on the soundtrack to a 2Pac movie coming out.

5) Do alot more shows

6)continue to develop the smash brothers brand seek the "right" type of label deal for us.

Non-music.

1)generate an extra source of income OUTSIDE of 9-5 AND music... (any ideas are welcome!)