the old scratched record sample

T

The Bastard

can anyone tell me where i cant get the sample that sum people put in the beginning of their songs to make it sound like a roughed up record turning

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
sometimes its really a record turning, bugs me out, cuz i have old records that i sample from and the sound gets in the way and i have wasted samples...if u want that authentic sound get a record.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
THEY CALL IT VINYL DIRT OR DRIFT,
ITS JUST DIRT & SHIT IN THE RECORDS GROOVE THATS PASSING THE NEEDLE AND MAKING IT DULL & DIRTY.

SOME KEYBOARDS & MODS HAV IT LIKE THE TRITON, BUT I ALWAYS THOUGH IT WAS ANNOYIN SOUND LIKE GUEVARA SAID

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah but i beg to differ in tha quality of tha stock bank sfx..some are usefull ill admit, but others like tha one you want can jus sounda little too processed or tacky fo that matter...if anything if you cant come across any other samples than you should experiment by adding filters to tha sample in tha stock bank like maybe tha scream and just mess with it and see what comes of it?......Ive noticed some reason refills with nn19 files have had those sounds by companies like psycho house and some others that i cant remember tha names...got to like reasonstation or reasonfan for some free cheesy refills and your bound to find that one sound your looking for.
tha best way though iz to hook up your table(s) to your pc and then simply record in real time say in cooledit tha record skipping to get that sound you want...

Oh yeah also look for a free refill called linkpage- theres 2 volumes i havent used any free sounds for quite some time now but i guarentee that i remember those paticular sounds being available.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I say just sample the pops and scratches yourself, make a track solely dedicated to it. I've even seen some cats pan the pops from left to right creating a sort of stereo effect which added a pretty cool effect to the beat.

Hey that brings up an interesting topic. I wonder if we could get sued for copyright infringement for sampling pops and crackles from a record that already has them...lol, that would be sick!

--dac

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
HOW WOULD THEY PROVE WHERE THE POPS CAME FROM....NOONE LISTENS THAT HARD.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Eventhough you're probally right, I am wondering if it could be justified in court. Technically, pops and crackles can be choreographed just as drums or any other instrument. Anyway, I'm not trying to get off the original subject of this thread, it is just a thought...

--dac

T

The Bastard

actually my audio teacher was talkin about this shit durin class she said u can get sued for stealin sum1s scratches,she was tellin us about another story of how this dood a long time ago made a totally silent track and called it 3:11 for three minutes and 11 seconds then a few later sum1 made a dedication track to him all silent called 1:10 and he got sued,for biting silence,the record company of the original had a patent on the ''concept''