The Originals - "Baby, I'm for Real"

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This one should be a good challenge for you guys, especially if you're not used to sampling 60's stuff.

Check out the panning on this. There's some good stuff on the left, some strings on the right with the drums, and the vocals center. So it should make it a bit easier to isolate some parts.

FLIP IT! :woot:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Aaaaaaaaaaand that's another mf chipmunked and chopped by yours truly... :

I usually stay from 3/4 time signatures. It requires a lot more choppin'.
Very nice! Songs like this are great because it has the melody and there's always a bunch of vocal chops you can use. The chipmunk style is not my favorite but it's not too bad in this one. I've heard some that were chipmunks squeezing their nuts.

Anyway, dope!

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Alright, Alright, Alright... Here's what I came up with:
I didn't expect it to be dark like that! I would love to hear more of those vocal snippets in this beat since the original song has so much to work with. I think a proper bassline and tightening of the drums a bit would make this much better. But I would say keep working with that dark pattern melody you have. :cool:

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
I didn't expect it to be dark like that! I would love to hear more of those vocal snippets in this beat since the original song has so much to work with. I think a proper bassline and tightening of the drums a bit would make this much better. But I would say keep working with that dark pattern melody you have. :cool:
Thanks for the feedback @Fade

SAM SEED

Siu Tien Yuen
Battle Points: 4
I think the chops are great but honestly I was just waiting to hear some drums come slamming in on top of the chops! I think that's all that's missing.
Thank you Brotha!!..I will keep it mind on future Flips

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
@DPrezd Beggar Nice drums and bass! The chops are good, it would be great to hear more of the soul from the original song though. Especially since there's so much to sample in it, especially vocal parts. But this has a nice bounce.
Had more stuff chopped up while this was playing in the background and then i felt like adding more to it would overload and over complicate stuff, while now its kinda some stuff to let play and feel it without thinking about it too much. Thats what my thought was and why i left vocal stuff out. But yeah, for the sake of sampling theres stuff missing to make it more recognizable.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Had more stuff chopped up while this was playing in the background and then i felt like adding more to it would overload and over complicate stuff, while now its kinda some stuff to let play and feel it without thinking about it too much. Thats what my thought was and why i left vocal stuff out. But yeah, for the sake of sampling theres stuff missing to make it more recognizable.
Yeah sometimes I'll have a sample in the background but I don't add much on top because it might be too much, but in this case maybe just a few vocal snippets.

I know that exactly! Had some great chops before and just didn’t fit in with where I was going.
That’s the beauty of sampling, I too as @Fade wanted to hear more of the original but then I’m like that’s also dope that I wouldn’t instantly recognise it.
So many routes we can go with a sample, real grittiness to this one, love the drums!
Dope!

members online