The Originals - "Baby, I'm for Real"

Did a quick flip:

Chopped the samples and layered them with EQ/filter. Kind of split the left from the right...

Loving that snare straight off. Filtered chops sound smooth, drums on point. The vocals with about 20 seconds left sound nice isolated.
Great flip as is but feel hearing the ending you could really make use of that and would like to hear how it might turn out if you spent more time on it coz sounds dope man, head nodder vibe

Reactions: TWU

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
Never considered flipping this before. I'm glad you posted this one @Fade

Downloaded a 320 version as the YT rip wasn't as clean.

Nothing here yet.

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Never considered flipping this before. I'm glad you posted this one @Fade

Downloaded a 320 version as the YT rip wasn't as clean.

Nothing here yet.

Nice flip! I like the variation in chops and great use of the vocals on them. The chops are slightly off beat, is it intentional? At the end, the vocals added are slightly out of tune, but it could also be the sample. The drums slap but are a little loud in the mix, could be a matter of preference...
Overall nice beat, the aca's go well with it.(y)

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
Nice flip! I like the variation in chops and great use of the vocals on them. The chops are slightly off beat, is it intentional? At the end, the vocals added are slightly out of tune, but it could also be the sample. The drums slap but are a little loud in the mix, could be a matter of preference...
Overall nice beat, the aca's go well with it.(y)

Thanks as always @TWU . The vocals are actually from the acapella. It's just Phonte singing at the end. I don't feel like the chops are off beat? I do try to add as much swing as I possibly can to really get a groove but I think I'd be annoyed if I believed they were off beat. Regards the drums, I've listened on a few device and in the car and the drums seem okay. I'll give it another listen as if it can be improved I would like it to be. Considering using the beat for an original release. Cheers!

Reactions: TWU

members online