The Otherside (Rapper Singer Type Beat)

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
What's up, folks. New guy here. Made beats for about 7-8 years straight, then life happened and didn't make anything for about 10 years, and now I'm having fun tapping into an old hobby and creative outlet.

Check out my latest rapper singer type beat. Leveraged the famous chords from "Otherside" by the Chili Peppers. Be sure to hang tight until 1:20, I had some fun and flipped the drums.

Nothing here yet.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Battle Points: 5
What's up, folks. New guy here. Made beats for about 7-8 years straight, then life happened and didn't make anything for about 10 years, and now I'm having fun tapping into an old hobby and creative outlet.

Check out my latest rapper singer type beat. Leveraged the famous chords from "Otherside" by the Chili Peppers. Be sure to hang tight until 1:20, I had some fun and flipped the drums.

Nothing here yet.
Cool beat. I would probably add some additional instruments as it feels a bit empty as of now.

I agree with @Kane the MOD feels a bit empty, improves a bit after the changeup, feels a bit more full with a proper snare. I think you should dial back the reverb on the snare that comes in at the end of the 8 bars. But welcome back to beat making, things will only keep getting better the more you do it, I stopped for 7 years but came back stronger than ever, so stick with it, you are in the right place.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Sweet, thanks for listening. I'm working with just cheap PC speakers and headphones, but just ordered a pair of Sennheiser's :cool:

@2GooD Productions appreciate the feedback on the reverb. I was playing around with new plugins and wanted to test some of the extremes, so thanks for letting me know I over did it :LOL:

Last edited:

Nothing here yet.
That's awesome you came back to your hobby :D

The beat itself sounds pretty futuristic I would say and I don't know why but I would hear some pop vocalist on it irather than rapper. Just my impression. :D

Things that I like:

- Panning on hihats around 1:06, very cool job
- Those flipped drums after 1:20
- Drums in general

Things that I don't like:

- The aforementioned emptiness - maybe the first part before 1:20 would sound good with some good vocalist on it.
- Sounds that you chose to make melody. I don't know why but I'm not a fan of those synths.

Anyway, I would like to hear more from you. Especially if you have some old records you made those 7/8 years ago before the break. :D

Dusty B

ILLIEN
That's awesome you came back to your hobby :D

The beat itself sounds pretty futuristic I would say and I don't know why but I would hear some pop vocalist on it irather than rapper. Just my impression. :D

Things that I like:

- Panning on hihats around 1:06, very cool job
- Those flipped drums after 1:20
- Drums in general

Things that I don't like:

- The aforementioned emptiness - maybe the first part before 1:20 would sound good with some good vocalist on it.
- Sounds that you chose to make melody. I don't know why but I'm not a fan of those synths.

Anyway, I would like to hear more from you. Especially if you have some old records you made those 7/8 years ago before the break. :D

Funny enough this was a T Swift inspired beat, so I also think it's probably better suited for a singer. I might have to play around with the >1:20 flip into it's own beat too since that part seems to be getting good feedback.

Appreciate the feedback. Great to get some solid feedback, particularly since I'm just getting back into it.

NIce man, has a Daft Punk TRON Derezzed vibe to it. Agree with others on the emptiness however I really like the beat itself, creative and different to the norm which is always a breath of fresh air. Look forward to hearing more, welcome back to the creative process!

members online