The Real Jay-Z

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
I'm sure ya'll already know about the Roc-A-Fella situation. I'm sure ya'll read the article in the current Source mag (even though the Source is ass). For all you people who swear Jay-Z is the real deal savior of East Coast hip hop, this article will show just how much of a sheisty that nigga is, (granted he makes good music). But if you read the section of the article under the title "The Roc in the Building," you'll see that he was sheisty enough to fuck over his own business partner Damon dash. After everything they went through together as partners to build the Roc, Dame is left with nothing and Jay-Z ended up with the rights to the Roc-a-Fella name. Your thoughts?

T

The Bastard

my thoughts is, keep your friends close,and your enemys closer

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Jay Z has always been i shrewd business man......I mean dude has rep of fuckin wit u when u hot, but once the hype goes away.....Jay is no where to be found........Look at what happen to Foxy

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Dame was straight slippin'. He had to sign something that gave his piece of the company to Jay-Z. If that's the case. Even if J was tryin' to snake him, his lawyers or he himself should've caught it. This is big business. You don't do ish without a lawyer.
ONE

illusion

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
that aint right................if ur gona ride with someone its gotta be til death...........thats a true friend

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Jay-Z can get a lil funny sometimes. i dont understand him. however, he is one of the greatest rappers alive and he deserves massive respect for that, regardless of his way of handlin business.

sAfE.

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
O-H-TEN said:
Dame was straight slippin'. He had to sign something that gave his piece of the company to Jay-Z. If that's the case. Even if J was tryin' to snake him, his lawyers or he himself should've caught it. This is big business. You don't do ish without a lawyer.
ONE
NAh that ain't it...They had both agreed to sell the Roc-a-fella to Def Jam and just call it quits. As soon as the sale was over, Def Jam Hires Jay-Z as President/CEO of Def Jam, giving him all rights and 100% ownership of Roc-a-fella. Dame had no idea Jay-Z had already been offered the job. As the article puts it, "Damon Dash can't even speak the name Roc-a-fella without having to pay Jay-Z." Ain't that some shit!

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Jay-Z is the epitome of the hip-hop game and the game is shady so what you expect?

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
ShortFuze said:
Jay-Z is the epitome of the hip-hop game and the game is shady so what you expect?

The Bizz is not shady in itself, its those few shady people that give the bizz a bad name. If you look at the track record of the music industry that past couple of years, a lot of the newer CEO's and such are learning from mistakes made by the older heads and are actually trying to make a change and take care of their people better. More and more of them are learning it's not good burn your bridges because they never know when they might need something.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the roc was nothing without jay z without his albums it wouldn't have been the force it was..... it would seem to be commonsense that jayz got it all or most of it

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
2_nice said:
the roc was nothing without jay z without his albums it wouldn't have been the force it was..... it would seem to be commonsense that jayz got it all or most of it

No it's not common sense. How can you say someone deserves to take control of a whole label just because he had the best record sales. That's absurd. One man does not make or break a label. Not to mention, Damon Dash and Kareem Burke were the individuals behind most of the business aspects of the Roc. Jay-Z just put his 2 cents in everynow and then. Plus, Beans and Freeway sold mad records. And although bleek wasn't the force Jay-Z wanted him to be, he had some impact on the popularity of the Roc. DMX helped Dee and Wah build Ruff Ryders. So you think he should take over the company? Nah, I don't think so. Jay-Z pulled some sheisty shit....period.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
2 many headz Round here drinkin 2 much Hateraide I mean theres been like 5 Jay-z Threads in the Past Month Attackin His Character and Me personally I dont Even like him besides the odd song I just dont get this Sudden Jay-z is Wack Trend Wasint it Eminem is Wack 3 months ago around here.

Seriously this whole Jay-z is wack shit is old make a thread and Sticky it and Let all these Post Contribute to the I hate Jay-z Thread

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
CampO said:
2 many headz Round here drinkin 2 much Hateraide I mean theres been like 5 Jay-z Threads in the Past Month Attackin His Character and Me personally I dont Even like him besides the odd song I just dont get this Sudden Jay-z is Wack Trend Wasint it Eminem is Wack 3 months ago around here.

Seriously this whole Jay-z is wack shit is old make a thread and Sticky it and Let all these Post Contribute to the I hate Jay-z Thread

This thread isn't about whether Jay-Z is wack or not. If you read the whole thing carefully, the thread is about the sale of the Roc-a-fella label. Second of all, I actually like Jay-Z.....so why the hell would i start a thread saying Jay-Z is wack. Not to mention, if you read all the posts, the majority of the people who posted here are supporters of Jay-Z.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Complexxx said:
NAh that ain't it...They had both agreed to sell the Roc-a-fella to Def Jam and just call it quits. As soon as the sale was over, Def Jam Hires Jay-Z as President/CEO of Def Jam, giving him all rights and 100% ownership of Roc-a-fella. Dame had no idea Jay-Z had already been offered the job. As the article puts it, "Damon Dash can't even speak the name Roc-a-fella without having to pay Jay-Z." Ain't that some shit!

Daaammnn! My bad. You are right that is some shit! There should'nt be any beef though; because they both agreed to call it quits right? So regardless of what happens to Rocafella records it should'nt be of any concern to Dame anymore. Unless Jay-Z coaxed him into selling his share of the Roc. If someone else owned it he would have to pay them for speaking the name; so what's the difference? I'm not takin' up for Jay-Z cause it seems to me that he pulled some foul ish; but maybe there is more to the story than what we read in the magazines. Anyway; does it really matter?
ONE

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
O-H-TEN said:
Daaammnn! My bad. You are right that is some shit! There should'nt be any beef though; because they both agreed to call it quits right? So regardless of what happens to Rocafella records it should'nt be of any concern to Dame anymore. Unless Jay-Z coaxed him into selling his share of the Roc. If someone else owned it he would have to pay them for speaking the name; so what's the difference? I'm not takin' up for Jay-Z cause it seems to me that he pulled some foul ish; but maybe there is more to the story than what we read in the magazines. Anyway; does it really matter?
ONE

True dat....I see what u gettin at. Plus I read this shit in the Source anyway. Not too credible, but a story like that gotta have some truth to it.