The Right Drum Sequence

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
How can you tell if u have made the right drum tracks because my patterns have been pretty shitty.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
How can you tell if u have made the right drum tracks because my patterns have been pretty shitty.

Yes thats how you can tell that you have NOT made the right drum trax..
Funny thing about beats, it takes a sense of rhythm to make them.
Do you use software or hardware?
I think software may be easier if your rhythm impaired because all you have to do is point and click , whereas you have to actually play it on hardware.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
simple

if it sounds good and right

there is no answer for that

drums are very very subjective

it just depends what you like

some peeps drums are off beat, some off

dilla is an offbeat master

rza is an on beat master

it depends on what you like

you might get a tune where you hate the drums, but someone else will be like "omg man, them drums are sick! how the fuck did you do/think of that!"

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Yes thats how you can tell that you have NOT made the right drum trax..
Funny thing about beats, it takes a sense of rhythm to make them.
Do you use software or hardware?
I think software may be easier if your rhythm impaired because all you have to do is point and click , whereas you have to actually play it on hardware.

I use software but i do own a korg pad kontrol but it's just hard to tell when i have a good drum sequence

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
something that makes u feel good without any samples or melodies on it.. drums and bass is key in hiphop... so when u bobbin your head to just the drumtrack you did something right..

When u got a nice 2 bar sequence.. double that.. and alter the 4th bar with some variation to give the mc some room to shine, you can also just cut the drums but that's the easy way out..

try to put some kicks before the actual beat! this gives a nice feel.. and add some notes to the drumloop with a real low velocity.. ( ghost notes ) this ones helps you feel the rythm instead of hearin it..

Good luck man! oh yeah and studie: J - Dilla, Edan, Black Milk for some sick drumwork! Oh i forgot bout DJ Shadow..

members online