the Rock Guitar from Snare drum video

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Open Mind had posted this months ago, but i wanted to go back on it. this is a good example of what these strict sample laws want u to do. they want u to CLEAR a sample that has been really manipulated REGARDLESS of whether u know where it came from or not. we ALL clearly would have never known where this "guitar" sound came from if we wasnt told, yet the laws want u to clear it even if its not recognizable. I PERSONALLY GOT A PROBLEM WIT THIS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42SdmiU0kg&search=mpc%20guitar%20snare

da relic

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
thats ill but i do it all the time by accident. never thought about turning it into a guitar tho.

fuk clearin a sample even if i looped the shit. i aint never gonna clear a sample until i a) get signed or b) get a beat on a commercial project. this is hip hop we do wat the fuk we want from the underground!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I think i'm running into some clearing problems right now.. Or the rappers label is.. I did a 4 bar loop from a wellknown record and the rapper wanted that beat, now that he is writing and all.. he wants it on the album, so i'm really curious how it's gonna turn out cus it would be a good move for me to be on that album, being dude is wellknown in Holland!

I'll let ya know if i got in to trouble or not..

Peace

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, sucks how strict the sampling laws are now... seems like you shouldn't have to clear stuff unless you rip like the main melody from a song and use it as yours (like puff daddy used to do). other art forms don't have such strict regulations- like collage- you can cut pics out of any source you want and put them in your piece and don't have to "clear" them. not fair

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Sorta OT:I saw those cats open for Kweli down in Tallahassee about a year and a half ago. Dude is a beast on that machine. They held the show up for a while though cause their own machine wasn't workin and they had to borrow from someone in the crowd.

members online