the roland vs 2480cd

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
ive been hearin alot of ppl on this saite sayian that it is better to do software editing and recordin, but since this board comes with software and u can connect a monitor to it, do u think i should try to get it, or some other software on my pc.

my prefered dtyle of editing is more of a cool edit type. (i got it down packed) but the vs2480cd looks like its kind of like cool edit. (the software) ...does anyone here have any experience with one that can make a comparison to cool edit (not just recording sofware in general) thanx.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I've never used the 2480 before, but here are a few things to consider:

1. You cannot load DX or VST effects into it.
2. Although I don't know this for fact, I imagine that you can't do the same kind of detailed editing on it like you can with a computer.

Some benefits:

1. I'll bet that thing is ROCK SOLID. It was designed from the ground up to do one thing: record and mix.
2. COSM effects, which are very nice. You can expand it from 2 stereo effects to 8 stereo effects with expansion boards.
3. Flying faders
4. A complete recording system out of the box.
5. The girls will want to come over to check it out. If your music is good, they will want to come over to check YOU out.

Take care,

Nick

h2flow

ill o.g.
This Unit is awesome I demoed it in guitar center,.....
This unit lets you hook up a mouse and a monitor to it, to help you record and mix..........
You should proablly go to guitar center and demo it to find out if you like it.....(but it might take you some time to get used to it)....

I would personaly at this point choose this unit over any sound card and software duo available for the PC or mac in an instant,....(execption being the pro tools TDM and HD; the digi 01 has nothing on this unit, I've never used the digi 02 personally but it's proablly the same as the digi 01 but with faders and knobs, So I'm proablly sure that it can't hang either).....

the protools tdm and HD cost about $14,000 starting off though if you ever want to go that route...

But if you want to check out a cheeper pc or mac alternative, you might want to scope out the digi 02.

If U get the roland Unit(and learn it), you'll proablly see that you have a more iniutive control over your mixes and recordings,...than with cool edit.........

Plus the sound I heard coming from this machine was phat..........

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
aight thanx. yea i kins figured it would probably be a atleast a lil better than cool edit. ima fast learner so i should get the hang of it within about amonth or so. and another quick question. can u edit the waveforms on the monitor and. reposition them to where ever u want them to be? I i always wondered how u would do that with a multitrack recorder.?