The Roots Tipping Point is BANNANAS!!!!!!!!!! you MUST cop this album.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i dont give a damn..... backpackers, thugs, crunkheads, purists, radio/overcommercialized cats,

i think most will feel this album. there is an obvious radio appeal to this.. but its such a good album. i will be suprised if people dont like it...

i highly suggest ya'll cop this in when it comes out. i highly encourage you to actually BUY this album, people. i am, first thing tuesday morning.

fastlance

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i heard a few tracks, might check it out if I hear something intresting

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
I can't wait for this album, that new single is my shit

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
man... that song doesnt even scratch the surface. the first track is just..... damn.... they came out with a vengeance. some of thoughts best rhymes, and the beats are dope.....

best album i have heard this year by far. (sorry erick sermon, they got you!!!! )

they damn well better get some sales to accompany their damn near universal respect.

who can honestly hate the roots? even if it just aint your steez, you cant deny the skills.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Your getting pumped up for tuesday Cold lol, I heard Black Thought saying this album is the rawest out of all theirs, is that right?

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
i thought the album was unexciting. yes thought kills it lyrically. the beats were polished and well done, but it didn't feel like them to me. it sounded right but didn't feel right. if thats makes any sense. it just didn't touch me like the rest of their albums before phrenology.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
not me.... i'm actuallym pretty excited.

*must confess*

i couldnt wait and found the pre release, but i'm still going to buy it.

you are right about it not "feeling" like a roots album, though. to me it just makes it that muh better though, because outside of thought, you could listen to all of their albums and not really know its the same group (do you want more and things fall apart are the exceptions, you can hear alot of each album in the other to me...) but the fact that they are consistant while changing so drastically from one album to the next.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
The roots are insanely dope, and even better live. I read the review on cdnow for tipping point and Oliver Wang from URB magazine didn't really endorse the release. It matters not to me I support the 5th dynasty always. BY the way Phrenology was tight and I progressive at the same time. All their records are five stars, but as for my personal fave, Illadelphalflife. I met Black thought once and I asked him about Malik B and he was embarassed by his man and his "situations", and this was way before phrenology and the "master your high" ode to him.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Did you guys see that show on MTV2 about Questlove trying to get his liscense?, i dont know how old it is but i just saw it and it was hilarious,..... drop my review tomorow after i cop the album

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have all of The Roots albums except organix. All there albums are bangin except for Phrenology on which you could tell they were goin for comercial apeal. I'll take ya'lls word for it and buy the album, but I'm kind of scared this album's gonna be kinda like Phrenology

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I disagree to the fullest extent. Phrenology is tight. I wouldn't call it more commercial, rather progressing the sound a la check your head for the bboys. Organix is awesome by the way. Unless you knew it came before the others you wouldn't know how old it is.

erkl said:
its good shit..
dope beats...

black thought is so fuckin talented

They all are thats why they have lasted together. No one can question Questlove of course, but Kamaal is sensational on the keys and guitar both. Live he will go in and out of roots beats into old school classics on either the keys or guitar. Leonard Hubbard is a true bassist, that dude puts his whole soul into every note. And their supporting cast Malik B, Rahzel, Dice Raw, etc. are all good on their own merits. Q-Tip once said that Tribe was the Earth, Wind, and Fire of Hip Hop, based on longevity and creativity, but to me Roots fit that assessment better.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
Fire...

I got it today on my lunch break. A must get for The Roots fans and Hip-Hop heads in general. ?uestlove is a beast on the drums dawg...I'm gonna learn the drums...LOL.

members online

No members online now.