The Sad Reality

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Hey guys, looking for some early feedback on this track i'm working on. I'll beef up the intro eventually, but i'd like to hear how you guys feel about the mix and feel of this as it is now. Thanks in advance.

Nothing here yet.

Yomni

Battle Points: 2
like everything except the kick, sounds too saturated (i think is the right word), maybe switch it for something heavier and fatter?

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 6
Have to disagree with @Yomni on this one. I think the drums are perfect and that kick throws itself into that snare like a baseball hitting the glove. It actually reminds me of an early 00's Dre beat. I'd like a nicer drop / run into the drums at the start. The hi hats and then them just dropping into the sample seems a bit of an anti-climax. Even a pause/silence and then a drop in would be nicer than the hi hats I think. The sounds are dope though. I love the part at 1:03 and think you should use it more.

I would also like to hear those drums over a more upbeat / positive sounding sample.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Yomni gotcha bro. I'll look into some different kick sounds for this. Appreciate the specificity of feedback. Thank you!

@hosie appreciate your feedback as always boss. I'll definitely look into a different drop mechanic for the intro. Thank you sir!

@2GooD Productions hey appreciate you brother. I'll definitely check out the drums leveling

@InsideOutBeats appreciate that brother.

@Iron Keys gotcha man. I'll check out the high end eq leveling. Thanks for the specific feedback. I feel like putting beats against each other is futile, because of how subjective the judging would have to be. But more power to everyone else competing. Just trying to get better day by day at the moment

members online