The Things I Hate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
The things in this industry that piss me off:

- Cheesy, simple beats that people love just because of who made them. (For example, "The Cross" on the Nas cd. Eminem made the beat, and it's seriously so simple it's rediculous.) If I made this beat, I know for a fact all of my friends would be like "nah it's way to simple, not enough sounds." Eminem can get away with it. Yes the melody is pretty hot, but I know I can do better than that. I can name several people HERE who can too.

- Jermaine Dupri. Little Bow Wow. No need for a paragraph.

- Wack rappers getting signed. Chingy... what the fuck!!?? These big name producers sign anyone who can rap to a beat, whether they're talented or not. Like I said before, I only produce for artists I know are fire, and trust me, I'm doing pretty good for myself so far. I've got some lucky finds who are pretty much down for me, like they won't even use anyone else's beats. That's how it's gotta be fellaz. The hook on one track of this cd we're dropping is like, "It's the Future, Knock Out's the producer/ Run up in the studio Knock Out ya producer" (theres more to it,) but when my man recorded this, he was looking right at the producer in the studio and screamin it lol.

- This one is still being determined: Bubba Sparxxx. So far I'm not feeling anything I've heard from him, (although Timbaland is LACING that motherfucker with some ill beats,) but his new song "deliverance" has a few clever lines. Time will tell on this one. His first album was trash though, he said it himself on 106th & Park lol.

- Sean Paul. Now I know some people are really feeling him, but I kinda think his flow sounds stupid. I know this Jamaican kid (100% Jamaican,) and he sounds good. "I don't really care what people say, I dont really watch what them wan' do, still I've got to stick to my girls like glue and *I'm a lovely number 2* ??? LOL I think that's what he says, wow.

- Last but not least, P.Diddy. Do you guys see what he's doing to those artists on Making The Band?? I KNOW FOR A FACT he didn't nearly do that much to get where he's at. Biggie's the one who told him to start rapping because he knew Puffy really wanted to be on stage, and not just producing the tracks. His flow is weak, and I personally have never EVER heard a freestyle or battle from him. What the fuck is that???

*This post should cause some commotion, and that was my point in creating it. This is how I feel. If you guys have anything to add, or just want to chime in and talk some ish, feel free. PEACE

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
-Yes, cheesy simple beats being popular because of the artist gets on my nerves, it's ridiculous. Makes you wonder if us making dope stuff is worth it! Well, it is, but then again, the ones that dig those simple beats don't know shit about music anyway, they just think Eminem is SSOOOOOO CUTE.

-Wack rappers is sort of an oxymoron. If I say you're a rapper it's because you can rap. If you're wack, you're WACK- not a wack rapper.

-Sean Paul can catch an eye jammy (old school talk). I hate that guy, I mean you expect me to believe that fine-ass model dancer chicks are going to be partying in a dirty basement next to a hot water tank?

-Making the band is hilarious! It's ALL DRAMA. The whole show is about these retards fighting each other and trying to act tough. I just saw an episode the other night where those 2 guys fought in the studio, one of them grabbing the other by the throat! LOL. Puffy is probably making them do all that stuff on the show so he can get a good laugh. It's pure drama, and I don't like any of them, none of them impress me.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
To touch on the first thing that makes you pissed off. I feel you. That Young Gunners or however you spell that sh*t Thats hella wack same thing with that grindin' beat by the neptunes. What the fu*k was that?

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
Good point Fade, Making the Band is most likely all Puffy's "great idea" lol. I also agree about the wack rapper thing, you're right. You're either wack, or you are a rapper. Nicely put.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Basically U got it Knock out...the producers that are hot have it on lock, and guess what??? even in the background you got old school producers with their hands on some of the junk too because they still have industry connections, this business is soooooo Clique oriented....you could have the illest, hottest tracks and guess what? just because it's not the Neptunes or an already established name they shit on you and your hot beats....so the 2nd part is once a producer is inside and got a hit under his belt they have to keep pumping hits....so for lack of any real good mc's they literally have a line forming outside of their studio with cats right off of the street waiting for a chance to get signed....the big labels are messing it up for everyone.....and see you can do all of the underground hott shidd you want...but the only person I know of that was able to defy all laws of street level production was...and I know you all are gonna be pissed but I can't stand the bama either....master P...by the time a big label wanted to sign his wack ass he already made at least a million off of street level, out of the trunk sales.....so much I got off the point but at least that story does inspire me to stay underground and maybe I can pay my bills....LOL

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
hey da thing bout simple beats, yo at times simple beats can b really heavy, they dont necesarily hav 2 b loaded wit lots of instruments and complex melodies, u can make sumtin simple n it can b dope...

but am feelin u on dat thing where record labels r signin up wack peeps ya kno, and they leavin alot of talents guyz out there. we all kno most of the time its da connection u got not da skill

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
True Afriqedeluxe, sometimes a simple beat can just have a heavy bassline or kick that can be enough to fill in the emptyness of the lack of instruments. I know what you mean. *I have to admit though, that song by Jay-Z and Freeway on the 8-Mile soundtrack, ("8 miles and running got my second album comin and my eighth album droppin, feed a thousand growlin stomachs"... you know what song,) Eminem made that beat, and that shit was FIRE. That song on the new Fifty cd, "i'm livin on the edge, so dont push me" sounds extremely similar. Hopefully you'll know what Im talkin about. I give Eminem props for that.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
knockout

I wouldn't exactly call chingy wack...he's the best rapper in st louis if you listen to what he say and not just the hook he makes a lot of sense...

As for Puffy how do you know for a fact that he didn't go through any of that...the man was an intern at up town records for years he was also a dancer in videos If biggie told him he should rhyme that's all well and good , but don't forget Puffy SIGNED BIGGIE..Big didn't sign Puff ..Puff doesn't even write rhymes he has numerous ghost writers that's why you never heard him freestyle or battle anyone..he's not an mc he's an entertainer...ANd my favorite ghost written rhyme of his is "DON'T WORRY IF I WRITE RHYMES .....I WRITE CHECKS"

Sean Paul...I agree with you on that but you got to admit them jamican bitches was puttin it down in those videos.....It seems he is to dancehall what 50 is to hip hop

D

drew_petti

ya'll are killing me with this bullshit

sean paul is live, an he's put in work for over a decade. he deserves success. My fiance is from the Bahamas, and she loves his music. Sean Paul, and wayne wonder are god's there.

Chingy is not my cup of tea, but I'm willing to guess that he got his deal, because of BDS spins/soundscan numbers. Plus that song is catchy as hell.

Making the band is stupid, but puffy is a smart business man. I dont like making the band, for the same reason i dont like the real world. Young, stupid, spoiled folks, aggravate the shit outta me. You wanna call something wack? I can say that MTV is wack. They've made it cool to be promiscuous, homo sexual, spoiled, etc. btw, puffy interned at uptown, and drove 8 hours to ny every couple of days while he was in college, to put in work. biggie didnt put puffy on. Puffy created the image for jodeci, mary j blige, father mc, and others while interning at uptown. he started at the bottom of that company, working his way up to be andre harell's assistant, left uptown, started his own label, at his own risk, and put on biggie, and craig mack. before you state "facts", make sure you know what you are talking about.

Jermaine Dupri is not my cup of tea, but he is a smart business man. He looks like a muskratt, but he has built so so def into an empire, from nothing. He has paid his dues. Dude has been down with hip hop since the fresh fest...that was a tour in 1985 w/ whodini, kurtis blow, run dmc, and many others. he was a breakdancer for whodini. He has my respect, easily.

Grindin is a tight beat. Perfect for rappers. less is more. Has the effect of beating on the bathroom wall, while rhyming in school. At least that's where it brought me.

the cross is a tight beat. less is more. Remember Diamond D? k.i.s.s. - keep it simple stupid? great song. great point.

the young guns song is catchy as hell, and makes my fiance want to shake her ass. mission accomplished.

bubba sparx first album was decent, and alot of it was released independently, prior to him signing with beat club. his new album is supposed to be great.

I guarantee that puffy, J.d., eminem, and even bow wow...could school you on a gang of shit that you have no clue about.

K.o. - I know that you are seventeen, and you are putting out a record. I think that's great. SO, prove with your record- to everyone you dissed in your post -that they've got it wrong about the music biz, and you've got it right.

this is a business. damn. Even the ying yang twins have a place, because they sell records.

:headbang: :soapbox:

R

Robin Yorhouse

Hm...interesting.

I won't "hate" anyone who has put their work in and deserves their
spot. I won't buy their records if they're not what I'm looking for, but a
level of respect will be there for the right people.

I hate cats with an ego. Honestly, newcomers in this game who believe
they're hot shit and don't even have a number 1 single or anything. But,
confidence is one thing, until is crosses over to an ego and believing that
they are on top of shit. Once you get achievements under your belt, then
gloat all you want because you can.

I hate generic acts. There are people in the game saying the same shit
that rappers have said up to 5 years ago, and rappers that have too
much style that's already around with other acts. There needs to be a
boost in the "Dirty South" image some how for that shit to be interesting
to me, 'cause any rapper I see from there has the same vocab and style
as any other south rapper.

Finally, another thing I don't get about this industry is signing talent.
Anyone and everyone knows if you want to be a rapper the chances
get slim the farther up you go. Yet, why is it so hard when you have
acts like Smilez/Southstar spitting the most foolishness and playschool
rhymes that I was writing in 6th grade? Honestly, I think more talent
scouting should be done, and bigger and more opportunities should be
made for the up and comming.

Word.

D

drew_petti

DIRTY SOUTH

check out my page, and our songs, if you want a different take on dirty south rap...

peace.

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
I just can't wait for you guys to hear what I'm bringing into the game. My boy the Future is CRAAAZY nice, he freestyles on average about 10 to sometimes 20 minutes everytime. His voice is just mad aggressive and it's like no one else in the game. Than I've got this other artist Mathew Frances who was seriously just made for the industry. He writes hooks to my beats in no time flat, and I'm not just talking simple repeatative stuff, like GOOD intelligent hooks. He's nasty as well. Than, (not bragging,) I'm seriously above average for my age, and I'll have tracks up for ya'll to peep soon. I feel like I'm seriously talented at both producing and spitting, I can freestyle my ass off too. Put it this way: I honestly think I'm fucking with Upstate New York's finest. Down and Out Productions is real serious... we're having 3,000 copies of The Futures album made right now, wrapped in plastic and everything. (The shit's official.) I'm telling all of you that once your beats are on point, you've gotta start finding artists that you click with and have good chemistry with. Like I said, I won't fuck with any artist unless they're fire, and so far I'm doing good. *Also, I'm not new to rap at all. I have freestyle mixtapes from back before I had pubes lol, and that's real.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
You know what Knock out I'm getting real tierd and i'm quite sure a lot of other people are tierd of hearing go on and on about what you're going to do how many albums you sold at your school....What are you bringing to the game???You been talking the same shit since your first post in illmuzik and have failed to post one beat in the showcase...do us all a favor stop selling us your stories and let your music do the talking.....actions speak louder than words

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
LoL, honestly bro, I don't give a fuck if you're tired of hearing me "go on and on about what I'm doing" because I know what's really good. *I don't have a beat in the showcase yet because this computer I'm on is a piece of shit, and the interenet is extremely slow on it. All of my beats are on my own computer in my bedroom. I've been dieing to get atleast 1 beat up for ya'll to peep but unfortunantly you can't fit a song on a floppy disk. So before you go sounding like an asshole trying to blow my spot up, there's a good explanation for it. Like I said, I've been talking to Fade about advertising the cd on this site and everything, making the most I can out of what I have. Consider yourself fortunate to be able to post beats. (Do you post beats?? I don't even know.) Again, my connection is so slow I've only listened to the Beat This winners. *THE BOTTEM of my last response was the whole reason I even mentioned some my accomplishments. If I can inspire another kid my age, or anyone on the site, so be it. Get off my dick dawg... oh yeah and don't bring that "I'm sure a lot of other people" bullshit into it. Not everyone's gunna hate like you man. Like I said, you're lucky to be able to post beats because ever since I've first come here I've wished I could. It's people like you that make me feel like posting is a waste of time, because most message boards on the internet ARE just people talking shit. The majority of you are cool though, so don't let me offend you. This site is excellent, and up until now I've respected just about everyone's thoughts and opinions.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Only homos refer to dick insults....It's not my fualt that you're a shit talking pansay ass mamas boy....stop talking shit bottom line ...don't talk about it be about it...Get your pc together so you can post beats and keep your mouth shut you sock chewing bitch..You're right it is an excellent siteand if you read what I worte I didn't hate...If you were smart enough to understand things you would see that it was just a statment that says actions speak louder than words as far as bloing your spot seems that there must be something extra going on you might be strecthing the truth a little bit about what you're doing because you seemed to take a what I said personal......ANd the only opinions and thoughts you have respected are the ones that had nothing to do with you...Just like a ture youngster can't handle shit when it comes at him...it's ok though....I never said you were wack or that you're full of shit ...I wish you the best of luck with your music and really hope you can get rid of that bitch in you ...And I have posted in the showcase plenty of times so just check them out in one of the closed threads...I don't talk shit I let my actions speak for me.....music or not and if I do talk shit at all best belive I can back it up

Peace

Knock Out

Rap's Genious
ill o.g.
LOL, wow bro you seriously have some problems. The beginning of your post says, "you're a shit talking pansay ass mamas boy" (this from some dude who doesn't even know me,) than the end of your post says, "I don't talk shit." The funny thing is, you're older than me, calling me a youngster like I'm some naive little kid, and you're the one writing full sentences of name calling!! As for me taking what you said personally... don't flatter yourself. You can't even spell. You called me a "sock chewing bitch" ... ??? Wow. Anyway, congratulations on having lots of beats posted, I guess this means you're not a bitch?? LoL. You're 26 with 349 posts, and no Beat This wins. Enough said. *Oh yeah, and if you say "that's because I've never entered the contests," what's the hold up bro?

R

Robin Yorhouse

Yooo, inrctyhoodmusic..you're getting a bit emo. The first half of that
post was a name-calling, verbal attack at Knock Out, and basically he
got you on the fact, if you really are older, you're not even acting your
age bro. How would you talk shit in the beginning, and end the SAME
post by saying you don't? Let's get in check here. Personally, with beef
like this, I wouldn't get emotions into this when it's the net.

The point of this board is to improve production skills by giving feedback
and constructive criticism as well as ideas to others, so for name calling
to go one makes it a waste.

So let's get back on topic, kiddos.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Re: ya'll are killing me with this bullshit

Originally posted by drew_petti

Grindin is a tight beat. Perfect for rappers. less is more. Has the effect of beating on the bathroom wall, while rhyming in school. At least that's where it brought me.

Mad Scientist - "I made sh*t like that when I first started making beats"

the cross is a tight beat. less is more. Remember Diamond D? k.i.s.s. - keep it simple stupid? great song. great point.

the young guns song is catchy as hell, and makes my fiance want to shake her ass. mission accomplished.

Mad Scientist - "Any beat makes a girl shake her ass in a club when shes drunk and horny"

this is a business. damn. Even the ying yang twins have a place, because they sell records.

:headbang: :soapbox:
Everything in these forums are a matter of opinions.... When I first heard those 2 beats I thought ....here we go.... another wack ass track. Then wouldn't you know it. The radio force feeds it to the public and because its a natural reaction for society to be followers they think its tight because its on the radio. Its kind of hard not to aquire a taste for garbage when thats all thats on TV and Radio. Imagine that you hate bread.... But all there was in the world now was bread. What would you do? It's simple...aquire taste for something you hate. Thats what it boils down to. I don't follow what the radio says is hot. I have my own taste. Just because I'm in the club and people go Fu_kin' nuts when a wack ass song comes on doesn't mean that I need to follow them. Becaus all they did was follow someone else.

"I'm a leader":yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online