The thumpin' Heatmakerz sound?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ummmmm look first off, chill on the attitude.

second, the guy asked him a question and people gave him possible answers.

i dont know what your problem is but take that mess elsewhere, please.

zone

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sorry about that. i just think it should be noted that this advice should all be taken with a grain of salt, as it's being given by people who measure sounds using bullshit voodoo units like "warmth," "banging-ness," and "thump."

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
um ok, i get what you are sayin, sorta... but nobody is giveng advice.

he asked "how" something was achieved, and he was given an asnwer as to "how" that was achieved.

anyhow moving on......

back to the topic.

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I reckon they use "thumping" samples to start off with, no amount of compression and studio wizadry is going to make a crap sample sound good

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
they seem to use a lot of 808 type sounds a lot more dance type drums which imo is the main reason there drums sound like that with the fast hi hats and the like short but thumping kick sounds !
Most like dance songs etc will use similar beats and they are made to be baning in this way to sounds good in a club, they will have also had it mastered which helps a lot !
Tbh even if you have a listen through soundclick you will find people using very similar drums sounds its not like a big secret or anything !

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
DjDelay said:
I reckon they use "thumping" samples to start off with, no amount of compression and studio wizadry is going to make a crap sample sound good

i agree with that.

add some mastering and there u have it i suppose.

sAfE.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
DjDelay said:

You would be suprised at what a realcapable engineer can do with a shitty sample. you can take a bad sample and fix it, especially with kicks/snares, simple one shots like that.

ill o.g.
Man all I gotta say is people ya gotta stop tryna find out how other mix and find ur own mix. If you a producer, why you want ur shit to sound like somebody elses's for. If I put a beat out, I want people to know that I did it. That's why you gotta mix ur way. Not nobody else's way, but YOUR way. That is part of what will seperate you from the other producers out thurr tryna spread the fruits of their labors so to speak.

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have to agree with Cold Truth... Mixing and Mastering is a hidden art... you don't hear about most of these guys but their the one responsible for what you hear and how loud or soft it is... they put on the finishing touch

ill o.g.
i can get that hard kick sound, from fruity loops alone, its all in teh fruity compressor, prarametic eq, and blood overdrive, i got my own presets i could show u if u really want to see it, it makes the kick real hard but at the same time it dont clip...also the waves plugin for fruity loops has a "MaxBass" feature which helps make the kick harder as well

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
and thats been my point, johhny: mixing and mastering- which encompasses hte things yuo just described-are what make the finished product what it is. i dont get why that is so complicated.

ill o.g.
i didnt read what u wrote b4...i kno thats mixing and mastering i was just tryin to help him out n make it easier by tellin him exactly how he could mix his kicks with fruity loops