The top 5 super producers

ill o.g.
StressWon said:
WORD, Large Professor,,WJAT?!? Another cat I forgot. What yall know bout "Main Source"!!??

I forgot Finesse too, damn, I'm slippin, i used to own most of these cats records,,,,lol

YOOO, nobody else on Ali Shaheed???? C'mon yall?
wasnt he part of the ummah? Ali Shaheed Muhammad right?

i didnt wanna go and mention each member of the group individually but yeah Ali is tight! hey do you know if "Shaheedullah & Stereotypes" came out yet? if it did im mos def gonna cop.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
ohH AS FOR NEW PRODUCERS NO ONE MENTIONED nICOLAY THIS CAT IS SERIOUS HIES LIKE A ONE MAN ORCHESTRA ON THEM BEATS CHECK OUT HIS JOINTS WITH THE jUST uS LEAGUE, ALSO iLL mIND HAS SOME DOPE NESS, AND kRYSIS

ill o.g.
trinidad said:
^^^ yEA ITS OUT I GOT IT LIKE LAST OCTOBER IT AIIGHT BUT SIIN AFTA I COPPED THE FORIGN EXCHANGE N IT WAS A WRAP
damn im late as hell!!! lol
i just remember anticipating this album then somehow forgot about it...

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I don't say he's the best producer of them all. But the one I like best, the most original and consistent one out there is Embee from the Looptroop I reackon.
That cat really makes beats that knocks most makers out the sharts.. Really original aswell.. For you that haven't checked him out he makes beats for Looptroop, Promoe, Casual Brothers and his own album Embee

Check it out and take care dudes. Peace / A

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Kanye
Mannie Fresh
Just blaze
neptunes
timberland

they all have there own thing. The rest of peoples favs are just biters. Scott storch and lil john have a long way to go before they are super producers. They have paid there dues but they don't have any timeless classics. Dre has countless but a lot of the producers I see mentioned only have the sound of the moment. ALL I listed above have production credit back to 96 and some of them the 80's and they are still around that is the mark of a superproducer

ill o.g.
bhunt said:
Kanye
Mannie Fresh
Just blaze
neptunes
timberland

they all have there own thing. The rest of peoples favs are just biters. Scott storch and lil john have a long way to go before they are super producers. They have paid there dues but they don't have any timeless classics. Dre has countless but a lot of the producers I see mentioned only have the sound of the moment. ALL I listed above have production credit back to 96 and some of them the 80's and they are still around that is the mark of a superproducer
i feel you...timbaland is prolly the most talented producer out of your list if you ask me. how many sample-based producers can appeal to eastcoast and westcoast hip hop? the way he samples shyt is just crazy! ive never heard someone take an old rock sample and turn it into a club beat like he has. he really has an ear for this shyt and he gets my respect...just blaze is cool too but im not really into his synth beats. his sample-based beats are tight though although he mostly just loops his shyt...mannie fresh...i dont know about that one...im not a real big fan of his...the neptunes are the shyt!!! i love their shyt!!! reminds me of some old Art of Noize shyt a little. they seem like some very cultured producers. their beats are jazzy but still remain hip hop...those are the only mainstream producers i know of that get hella respect from backpackers.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
seems fade is a little d.i.t.c biased (understandable tho)

my five (in no particular order and leaving out many greats)

prince paul
premier
rza
pete rock
dr. dre

members online