The "Whoa, I didnt know they got that from there!" thread

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
this thread is for those samples or melodies you hear in a song, then later on you hear the original and you are like "whoa, i didnt know they got that from there!"

this dude was like it would be kool to use the lord of the rings two towers theme in a beat. i listened to it and lil jon had used it in one of his songs. he didnt samples it, he replayed it, but i guess thats still kinda sampling, the song is called "throw it up", i always liked the strings in it, now i know where he got them from!

u got n e songs like this?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yeah man I got some, but I think there might be a thread like it but since I ain't a Referee up in this piece I won't close the thread on ya!...anyhow when you play a known sample or riff its called an INTERPOLATION which as far as music is concerned it is fully EQUIVALENT to a SAMPLE...but what a lot of people do is play it over but alter the melody and key thats harder to figure out but Imma do some diggin too that was pretty good Skeets, the best thing to use to find melodies believe it or not is classical music....I'm not talking about the raw strings but you can listen to find 3 or4 note progression and riffs
then slow it down and transpose to bass or other instruments......if you listen to classical enuff then you listen to say some music from the 20th century there were so many melodies that you can go and find that were slowed down from classical riffs....now that is beat jacking fa sho

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
^^^ That's Screamin Jay Hawkins...

I heard the same song in a Pringles commercial. I froze right in my steps. Then I was checking out a bunch of Stax CDs from the library, which is a good source of music to sample from on CD, and I accidentally found the whole song. The orginal song is phat by itself. Screamin Jay has some of the deepest vocal ever.

I mentioned this in another thread, but one time I was in a truck with my Dad, we borrowed it to go do something from his buddy, and he had a tape of Johnny Guitar Watson in the deck, almost every song was sampled by a rap artist at some point and time - Das EFX They want EFX, Redman and the whole supaman lova stuff. I was alittle shocked.

I know Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis do a lot of samplng to. The replay the original version so it isn't a straight audio jack but its still the same thing to me. A lot of their bridges are sample from groups like Sly and the Family Stone.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Jam and Lewis were underrated pioneers they were probably the first platinum producers that made most of their records with the mpc60, they actually understood that phat drum programming made the track and they had a lot of hits back in the eighties...

J

JBE

RJD2 "Ghostwriter" has this little vocal snippet in the background (the "ahhhhhh-ahhhhh") that comes from this dope folk singer songwriter Elliot Smith. i flipped out when i heard that.

ill o.g.
I forever give props to Kanye for "Get By", i didnt sumble on it though, i was searchin, Rawkus has a limited edition of the original somewhere.

I heard Cleverwon's sample on the radio.

I found the sample Heavy D used for "Guns & Roses", i made guns &roses's beat in 10 minutes flat. He barely did anything to it.

I got a bunch more but i dont wanna take other people's..

ill o.g.
Sorry, i forgot some big ones that my friend showed me,

The sample used for Guilty Consciense, its the same bassline but not in 4/4 time.

And Next Episode, by Dre and/or Mel-Man, its the same instruments, they just re-made it RRREEEAAALLL good.

E

Equality 7-2521

ive come across hella shit which RJd2 has sampled....he get hella shit from the beatles

i came across the guitar he uses in ghostwriter but i cant remember where i he got it from cos i dont record where i get my shit from

light

Producer
ill o.g.
I cant really remmeber but yesterday i was listenin to bob marley and found that the bass line of the song was used by the roots.. almost exactly the same

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man, this may sound stupid but I didn't know timberland mess with samples but I stumbled across the sample for "big pimpin" if he didn't sample he redid it real good. But I couldn;t find the JayZ disc to compare.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Timbaland's been sampling a lot... He used the same sample as prem did once... That hit me by surprise...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
nah thats a straight sample...
did you find that on the "prince of thieves" site on soundclick?

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah i don't mean he sampled prem... I found it out buy buying albums... Lol... I got that "Timbaland & Magoo - Indecent Proposal" & "Baldhead Slick & The Click" At the same time... Both use the same sample on this one track... I can't remember what it's called and I can't be bothered to go look... Lol..

members online

No members online now.