The Wonder Year - 9th Wonder Documentary

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah 9th has always been on point. Watching that first beat he was doing with the MPC was crazy, I wish there were many more videos like that.

Bugsy

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 206
Woooow! Thanks a lot for this thread @Bugsy . 9th Wonder is one of my greatest inspirations when it comes to sampling. When I started learning how to sample I was mimicking him and listening to a lot of his beats. True legend.

That's one of the interesting things about sampling. Some like 9th listen for a groove. Others listen for loops. I like to listen for individual sounds.

I think his groove comes from the way he samples, but I like tearing it apart and figuring out how he got to it. I do this for all beatmakers and producers I follow.
This is what I like about his production, It's simple and articulate.

Ghost Bazz

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 1
That's one of the interesting things about sampling. Some like 9th listen for a groove. Others listen for loops. I like to listen for individual sounds.
I feel u fade. That’s how I approach sampling as well. I think this technique is definitely the acception.

@Bugsy - thx for sharing!

18thDynasty

Hip Hop Advocate
Battle Points: 39
9th Wonder is one of the beatmakers that I look up to. He's just real to me.
I've been looking for a way to watch this for some time now, Ended up finding it on youtube.
Hope it gives you the inspiration and knowledge that it gave me, Keep doing it for the love.

I believe I purchased this when it was released in 2014 or 2015. 9th is one of the first producers to gain fame from producing beats using computer software.

It's so interesting to see so many producers reverting back to hardware and standalone devices in 2018.