thinkin bout giving up.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
man.......its been awhile now since ive been making beats. ive been making it for however old illmuzik is. i remember being one of the 3 people who posted here when this site was new. now ive just been in a musical slump and quitting has been crossing my mind a lot lately. although i dont want to, my drive isnt there anymore. sorry if im ranting. i just needed to let that one get out. maybe i should go dig for some new vinyl and see if it sparks something.

being in nursing school doesnt help either. all the studying gets in the way. although i would rather do that any day because that will bring me some serous, steady cash when im done. (1 year left!! yeah) and it doesnt help either that i have a freakin sneaker fetish. cant get enough of those jordans ya know? ahhh. what are y'all thoughts?

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Take a break finsih school up and after you finish i'm sure you'll have time to get back to doing it. It happens to everyone, outside things swamp you down and then effects your music and then that makes you feel like qutting . . .

Life Stress + Music = Musical Blocks

Handle what you have to handle first then when everyhing in the clear start up the music again . . .

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
P_1 said:
man.......its been awhile now since ive been making beats. ive been making it for however old illmuzik is. i remember being one of the 3 people who posted here when this site was new. now ive just been in a musical slump and quitting has been crossing my mind a lot lately. although i dont want to, my drive isnt there anymore. sorry if im ranting. i just needed to let that one get out. maybe i should go dig for some new vinyl and see if it sparks something.

I gave up on hip hop production for about 8 years. I'm back into it now, though. I'm back mainly due to the death of Jay Dee and the recent success and noteriety of two of my old friends, Disco D and DJ Houseshoes. Somebody has to rep Tha D to the fullest now that John Doe is gone. I'm like "fuck it, might as well try to do that shit while I still have it in me".

(edit) Basically, there comes a time where you have to take time off from something. I'm still on hiatus from my artwork, I took time off from Information Technology, I took 6 years off from DJ'ing. Eventually you'll come back to those things, but not before the time is right.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
once you're done with all this stress and strain, your creative flow will be more than you can keep up with. I say put it off to the side till you're finished with all your school, and in the meantime explore new types of music to listen to. THAT alone can step up your game and creativity and insight tremendously... plus it's a good way to pass the time.

EDIT: By the way, if you're looking for some Jordans, I can get all kinds for good prices.... I'm talking about Jordans that don't come out for another 8 months or so... Discontinued styles... all that. I might be able to help you out on your addiction.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^^HEY HEY HEY watch it... You gotta chill on that for a sec right?
LOL
Dude I have a feelin if hiphop is in your soul you'll be passin that staple gun and swabs with your head noddin thinkin of a trak which you will then go home and program.
And then you will feel complete. :)

B

Burna

Relic said:
LOL
Dude I have a feelin if hiphop is in your soul you'll be passin that staple gun and swabs with your head noddin thinkin of a trak which you will then go home and program.

Exactly, my thoughts. If hip-hop runs through your blood like it does mine, this is just a minor mole hill to pass over, and with you in school and all i bet it has to be stressfull. But just remeber man, school will be done with soon(hopefully), and hip-hop will always be here for you. Just take a breake, focus on school then come back. You just gotta strive and believe in yourself man.

Best of Luck,

Money.

T

The Bastard

P_1 said:

being in nursing school doesnt help either. all the studying gets in the way. although i would rather do that any day because that will bring me some serous, steady cash when im done. (1 year left!! yeah) and it doesnt help either that i have a freakin sneaker fetish. cant get enough of those jordans ya know? ahhh. what are y'all thoughts?
get up, ya sunovabitch, mickey loves ya
Rocky-magnet-mick.jpg

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
haha. man thanks for all the support y'all. and relic, yeah i be doing that when im in rotations. that shit is hella fun to pass the time. haha. anyway, ill stay at it. i just need to find some time for my beats.

Peace y'all

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Relic said:
LOL

What do you mean "Watch it"???

Me listening to different styles of music has stepped up my game tremendously. In the past 3 months, I feel like I've improved more than the past 3 years... and I listen to prettymuch no hip-hop, just classic rock, funk, soul, jazz, etc...

I have yet to find any hip hop that has helped me creatively. Drawing inspiration from third-generation sources of inspiration is pretty watered-down, and since he's in a creative slump right now, what better way to step his game up than to explore other music styles, most likely the same musicians that probably inspired the same artists he looks up to?

I don't draw inspiration from RZA... I get my inspiration from HIS sources of inspiration, and THEIR inspirations.

Keeps everything relevant and fresh that way, instead of just dilluting the creativity.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
EDIT: By the way, if you're looking for some Jordans, I can get all kinds for good prices.... I'm talking about Jordans that don't come out for another 8 months or so... Discontinued styles... all that. I might be able to help you out on your addiction.
Yo Dantson can you get them old Air Penny's. I have been on the search for those for a few years

Back on subject: Never give up dude...Keepin reppin the 213,323,310....Your creative flow will come back

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Just like everyone said. Don't give up. Theres so many ill beats you have yet to create. You just doing what you HAVE to do now so you can do what you WANT to do later. Don't force it though, it's gotta come when you're ready.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
just chill man

its been since abuot october since i was making beats steady... i have had a few spurts here and there but i am just now gettin back to it. dont sweat it, really. let it come. take your break, its deserved and when it s time youll be back.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea don't force it since i started uni ive produced a lot less but ive started learning theory and playing and bass and piano, which is guna help me a lot more in the long run that making a couple of crappy beats a day, if i make a beat then its gd if i dnt make one for a few days it doesnt matter !

A

Authority

Man were in the similar situation...but I NEVER QUIT....especially MUSIC nahhhh ill never give up music........Im 16 years old and i still go to school and have no job....You dont know how hard it is to get Equipment for me.......Thats why i download as much software as i could to benefit my productions and I promised to myself never to give up afta i paid $1500 on my keyboard wit no JOB....thats just pure dedication....And of Course you know i have to be the MOST FITTED AT MY SCHOOL REGARDLESS SO ITS HARDER FOR ME TOO....I LOVE AIR FORCE 1's, NIKE DUNKS, JORDANS(rare) and BAPE'S....basically i dress like LIL WAYNE......REAL TALK.....MAIN POINT DON'T QUIT FAM.....!!!!

members online