thinkin of buyin an mpc soon

T

The Bastard

im gettin a phat check right before the summer i was thinkin of buyin an mpc but i use reason with a midi controller now if they r the same thing i wouldnt wanna waste my money but if an mpc would give me more out of it than reason i def wanna cop it im gunna try to get into a music store and test one but can any of yall gimmie sum suggestions on u know wether i should be straight wit reason and a controller cuz it can do everything the mpc does or weather mpc is a whole new world of production and can improve my beats.i want to believe it doesnt really matter but if it didnt matter then why would all the pros use mpc

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
there is no better sequencer than the mpc!!!!!
and the mpc got the drumpads so you will automaticaly make different drumpatterns.
I would trade my pc for an mpc in a blink of an eye.

E

Equality 7-2521

mpc and reason do the same things. reason probably does more but....

mpc is quicker. reason is more visual. mps is more about numbers. one you learn it u can use it like a calculator...its so easy and quick.

i copped one for its simplicity, to save my eyes from looking at pc screen for so long, the pads which are fun to tap and its portability.

mpc 2kxl is the bomb.

DJ Combz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
you could also check out the Roland MV 8000. I am thinking about getting one but I dont know anyone that gots one yet so I still debating one that to really hear from some one that has used one

ill o.g.
Yo Messenger. Im savin up to get one, my friend has one and its hot. But i like it for the same reason you said against fryin your eyes to a computer screen and tappin the pads is way better then tappin a mouse.

And using a computer is seing everything. Hardware, you hafto listen. On a computer you can probably make an ok beat without even using your speakers or headphones. Hardware, you hafto listen.

Music is to be heard not seen.

(and Combz, if the MV8000 is what i think it is, then thats just a wannabe of the MPC. Thats probably why if you have enough money then your gonna want the real thing, not a wannabe)

Mr Keyes

ill o.g.
Yo. man. there is no need to think about it. Get an MPC!. Then machine is so simple to use. It's the one of the only machines that does what u tell it 2 do. You can do the most complex beat in seconds. u can even do complex piano rolls with the note repeat if u got keyboard/module midi up in the sequecer.

I've played with reason and damn the shit get fiddley to 2 get the exact beat I want can't get the swing right. MPC what I play is what is played.

But my theory is if u got a feel 4 music get an MPC, If u got no feel 4 music use Computers 2 calculate ur beats. That's all I can say. I hope I have helped.

Peace.

nospe

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
??????????????????????????//
Should I hook up a cheap drum machine & midi keyboard up to my computer and run them in FL studio THats about $200
OR, just get an MCP

and could I hook up an MCP to Fruity Loops?

Hit me back I need help PM me.

ill o.g.
nospe, its MPC. Not MCP. It means M usic P roduction C enter.
And yea, you should go wit the MPC instead of the compute and all that.

T

The Bastard

its funny cuz people who use mpcs will always say that they r better and people that use software will always say that software is better and i think both sides over look some disadvantages of what they use but i guess the only way to find out is by havin both,which is what i will have

ill o.g.
I know computers are easier and all that, but its not rap. Id rather have a room full of used-racks, a cheap-ass mixer, turntables over here, turntables over there, keyboard, an mpc or two, used-speakers and used-speakers and broken-speakers, be trippino ver cords all day, and an empty wallet.
Instead of having a pc with reason.

I know its a lot of money and work but if you were off your ass and out working and saving up instead of melting your eyes in front of a screen watching your music instead of hearing it, you might have half of it already.

PEACE

T

The Bastard

sure thing guy , but anyway i went to guitar center and fucked around with an mpc and it seems like its basicly a drum machine ,i mean u have to hook up a keyboard to it to use as a controller to program the synth i dont see how thats any diffrent than using my fruuity loops with the same keyboard as a controller , im thinkin of maybe buying a keyboard workstation instead, i still have a lot of research to do tho

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Mpc makes a midi controller- it's the mpc with the pads only. This will probably makes some softwares perform in likes of the mpc. It's all about the mind behind the machine.

hookiefree

Beat Monster
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inspectah wu
im gettin a phat check right before the summer i was thinkin of buyin an mpc but i use reason with a midi controller now if they r the same thing i wouldnt wanna waste my money but if an mpc would give me more out of it than reason i def wanna cop it im gunna try to get into a music store and test one but can any of yall gimmie sum suggestions on u know wether i should be straight wit reason and a controller cuz it can do everything the mpc does or weather mpc is a whole new world of production and can improve my beats.i want to believe it doesnt really matter but if it didnt matter then why would all the pros use mpc
MPCs cost waay too much for what they do IMO. I think software is waaay cheaper and more waaay more powerful. I don't know what all is in ur set up, all u mentioned was reason, but I'd take that money and get an MPD-16, recycle and an Mbox or 001 or something and have a complete functional studio for less than the cost of one piece of gear!

T

The Bastard

i should ''get off my ass and start workin'' so i can cop that mpc midi controller