This feels so good!!!

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
A tight beat!!!! This feels so good!!!

I pretty sure this happens to most of y'all. I just made a tight beat (just finished it... it's 00h40...), and, to me, it's the best I ever done. It's the kind of beat that I would listen to in my car... windows down... in winter... in Canada...lol. This is a great feeling, and it's part of the reason I can keep doing beats even if they are not all to my liking.

The thing is, when I do a beat, sometimes, I just go at it, with no specific ideas and I just play with Fruity until I find what I'm doing to my liking or until I'm bored.

Other times, I have a specific idea and I just go with it. Of course, I have a higher rate of success that way, but it's not something I can control.

I'm just wondering, does that happen to yall? do you always make "bangers", do you erase the beats that you think are so so... I like to keep them just in case... even if they are garbage. To me, it makes me appreciate my nice beats a bit more and there is always the chance that I'll be able to take what I did in a wack beat, and to use it in another one...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Man, if someone says they make bangers every dam time their either liein' or they got magic hands or sumthin.....trust me dude....I mean, there are some talented individuals out there but music is a art - and art dont jus work like clockwork all the time.....Most people will agree that making music or any other form of art comes naturally, yet the best art seems to be made alot of the time much more spontaneously than the calculated or planned approach.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sup syg. Well you know. i still got the first beat i made with a sample and a drumloop mised in cooledit cause i didnt ha ve anything else.
i keep everythingh it has happened to me before that a beat i thought was weak 3 years ago, now becomes '''in fashion'' when i produced i just produce. what comes out is mine regardless of good or bad. thats my satisfaction.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
Man, if someone says they make bangers every dam time their either liein' or they got magic hands or sumthin.....trust me dude....I mean, there are some talented individuals out there but music is a art - and art dont jus work like clockwork all the time.....Most people will agree that making music or any other form of art comes naturally, yet the best art seems to be made alot of the time much more spontaneously than the calculated or planned approach.

^^ Ima Disagree, Once you have a good Formula and find out what it is people like about ur tracks it aint hard to make bangers each time you sit at your Workstation

Anyway I normally have the track in my head before i lay it down.

P

Prophet45

DueceMade Ent. said:
Real talk...

True words spitten here!

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Word! Sometimes I sit down to make a beat and when I'm done; I'll be like what the hell is that?!! But I don't throw them away cause sometimes when I think a beat is wack someone else will come over and be feelin' that ish. Sometimes I'll even start out on some hardcore ish and end up with some R&B ish! LOL! I guess whatever comes out is what it is.
ONE

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ya shit is wierd I can Make a beat and think its 1 of my best and be playin it for my boyz and they wont listen 2 it for more then 20 seconds and then i can throw on something i wasint feeling at all and they love that shit

Music Is wierd like that but thats whats the beauty of it

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You should love everything you do. Try not to put a negative vibe on the track. Never, EVER!! say any of your tracks are weak, wack or what ever. Just say it's different. Or even unfinished. There may be an element missing that'll take it from luke warm to a burner. If I start a beat and I'm not feeling it, I'll go into another room to see if I hear something (that shit works) or just come back to it when what I have already inspires something special. But as mentioned before, even if I'm not feeling it 100%, put the right artist on it and it's a wrap.

X

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
^^ once you Figure out what People love about ur tracks.. you shouldn't have a problem makin heat Consistantly

I dont know... making the same style of beat every time is not me... having a winning formula is good, but it works for so long. I know Kanye, Lil Jon, Jazzy Pha... all those do that, they have signature sounds. They use mostly the same winning formula on all their tracks, but I couldn't do it...

I like to make stuff that people wouldn't think I would do... use sounds that people wouldn't use normally in hiphop... but hey, that's just me.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'd just like to say that there were some really good points raised there...I personally keep everything I do. You can look back every now and again and see how your sound has evolved and [hopefully, lol] matured. you can learn 'not to do that again' too.

And yes when you finished something you've been tweaking for the last week or so, and you finally feel the track is 'done', its an amazing feeling. Sometimes, I feel like I'm on a roll and I have another idea in my head ready to start working on, and at other times I just feel satisfied and relax. Ahhh...the joys of beatmaking/producing/twatting around on your computer....

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Producer X said:
You should love everything you do. Try not to put a negative vibe on the track. Never, EVER!! say any of your tracks are weak, wack or what ever. Just say it's different. Or even unfinished. There may be an element missing that'll take it from luke warm to a burner. If I start a beat and I'm not feeling it, I'll go into another room to see if I hear something (that shit works) or just come back to it when what I have already inspires something special. But as mentioned before, even if I'm not feeling it 100%, put the right artist on it and it's a wrap.

X

That is a nice way to see it, but it's not really a realistic point of view... (well not for me) Yes, I do make wack beats... and I aint affraid to say it. Well, they are crap to me. Some other people may think it's a goodd track, but it aint to me. I really think that, when you started making beats, they wheren't all good. That's almost impossible!

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
That is a nice way to see it, but it's not really a realistic point of view... (well not for me) Yes, I do make wack beats... and I aint affraid to say it. Well, they are crap to me. Some other people may think it's a goodd track, but it aint to me. I really think that, when you started making beats, they wheren't all good. That's almost impossible!

It's not realistic to you if you don't claim it. Also as a producer you should know why it's "wack" as well as why it's hot. If it's "wack" do something about it. Qustion is, are you making beats for you or for an artist? That' really the bottom line of this whole process is to have a hot record, not just a hot beat. If you listen to Snoop's "drop it like it's hot" the beat by itself isn't appealing to a lot of people I know, but It's perfect for Snoop and he breaths life into it. That's what I think producing is all about. The RECORD!

X

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
When something you make is wack, there's nothing wrong with just realizing that it's wack and moving on to the next beat, there's no need to lie to yourself about it.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
When something you make is wack, there's nothing wrong with just realizing that it's wack and moving on to the next beat, there's no need to lie to yourself about it.

thanks! I was starting to think I was he only one thinking that a beat can just be "not good" or "not good enough"...

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn this was a great thread to read... I agree with most of you... If you have a set formula good luck apealling to different audiences... if I loved every song I did I would have to bump so many songs the way I bump the ones I'm in love with... My advice is this, always has been and always will be:

You have to dig through a bunch of dirt to find a diamond... and thats how it is with being creative... you might make a song and you love it and others dont, or a song others love and you don't, or songs that no one loves... but when you make that track that you love, your boys love, your girls love and even the haters love... thats your diamond!!!

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The beats that I make NEVER TURNS OUT THE WAY I HAVE IT IN MY HEAD....but that's good in a way because I surprise myself. Oh...about wack beats....I don't delete them...I remake them...again and again until I'm satisfied and until it's at least an "above-average" beat. Cuz I ain't settling for average. I don't care how long it takes...because that's what I do...I don't like making wack shit...everybody makes wack shit once in awhile...but I don't know how they can just be content with it.

I was listening to a couple of Hip-Hop albums and I was like "what the fuck was the producer thinking that that shit is tight???"

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Bloodybastid said:
Oh...about wack beats....I don't delete them...I remake them...again and again until I'm satisfied and until it's at least an "above-average" beat. Cuz I ain't settling for average. I don't care how long it takes...because that's what I do...I don't like making wack shit...everybody makes wack shit once in awhile...but I don't know how they can just be content with it.

Exactly!! If you leave it wack, then that's wack. Like I said before, it ain't wack, just not complete.

X

members online