This is a game changer

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
it IS a step, but on the real.... samples should work like advances that get recouped and the rest gets enjoyed. If I revive some dead shit that wasnt makin any money and now everything about you is alive again earning revenue, why tF should I pay forever? it's like I paid old dude to do him a great favor. the law should be adjusted to make allowances for such instances.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I said something like that a while ago in an article about how sampling and the costs associated with it should have some sort of tier system. It just makes no sense if a bedroom producer is asked to pay the same amount a big name producer pays from the same artist and/or song. There's more to it than that, but that's where I'm going with it.

It started out pretty fair with clearance costs, if there were any at all. Then with the huge rise in hip hops popularity and the big companies like UMG buying up all the rights made things pretty fucking expensive.
It just needs to be a fair system, why penalise somebody who is hardly making any money from a sample. It stifles creativity.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
That Seems A Really Cool Idea
I Love Digging Round In The Public Domain
The Only Issue I Have Is Due To My Short Attention Span
I Always End Up Getting Side Tracked Last Time I Ended Up Getting 5 Felix The Cat
Cartoons & A Infomercial On How The Telephone Works They Were All Silent As Well
Ooh Look A Butterfly

members online