this is annoying the hell out of me...

ualreadyknoo

ill o.g.
i am trying to use sound forge for recording right... Ok i set the "method" up for automatic: time... i set the "recorder time event" thing... hit arm and record... go run in the room...(while im running in the room i gotta make noises)... im doing whatever i do on the mic for at least 4 minutes... come bac in the room only to find out it only recorded 13 seconds... My question is why does it keep cuttin off on me while recording??? How can i get it to constantly record??? So i dont have to run threw my house looking like a goof ball, cuz im to cool for that...

o... and it does this wave lab also...

Help Apreciated...

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Maybe u dont have much CPU power or u have to much stuff on your hard drive. I use to have the same problem with Cakewalk along time ago. But i use a track recorder now so I cant really tell you much other than what I said above. Hope that helps.

ONe

BrothaMann

ill o.g.
i think u have 2 much on your hard drive like misscc803 said. i had the same type problem
when i tried to record vocals into acid pro. if u r only using 1 hard drive for every thing i suggest that u get another to record. hope that helps.

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
yeah when it is recording it will actually show u how much time is left on the drive.....its to the right of the record button next to how long it has been recording for

ualreadyknoo

ill o.g.
naw it says i got more than 2 hours of recordin time... i got 20gb left on my c drive and a untouch 80gb drive... i dont think its space... it might be th cpu???

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
Does this problem only occur when you go in the other room, or can you check if it does it while you're sitting there?

I've used sound forge back in the days, and I don't know if it has this feature, but it might:

You may be able to allot a certain amount of disk space for recording, and maybe it's set to 13 seconds, or 1.08MB? Check in the options or preferences to find out.

T

The Bastard

Maybe Its Setup So It Only Records When It Hears Sounds ??so It Wont Record Silence, This Is Jsut A Theory I Pulledo Ut My Ass I Really Have No Fuckin Clue

ualreadyknoo

ill o.g.
Thanks people... I think ^you^ was right...about it recording only whn thre is sound... but i got something done.... it took a couple of takes but i got somethin done... it came out decent.... This is my 1st mix too...

BROUSSARD BEATS

BroussardGoHard
ill o.g.
maybe you have it set on punch in recording and punch out
you might have it set to just record between your markers
lol i can see your ass running lol and come back and be like dam