Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
30122243216.png

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
its the public. plus radio, plus the record companies fault. we let sex appeal influence us... we allow the radio to play 10 songs a day... all these big companies are payin the DJs to play their Artists' records... its not hard to shut it down... but there is no U.N.I.T.Y. when i go to the open mics in NYC, i see alot of original songs, from alot of Emcees... lyrically skilled on the mic... but thats not goin on over the airwaves... what u hear now is laffy taffy songs, and other silly, dumbed down songs. the kids eat it up bcuz thats all they hear... i remember when songs and lyrics were very diverse and u had to be very good on tha mic. as the years went on, u could pretty much tell what era a person grew up in. Melle Mel, Kool Moe Dee, Run DMC... certain styles would sound old in '88,when u had Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, even Grand Daddy IU. now, anybody that thinks they can rhyme, will make a record. as long as the beat is hot, and the hook is hot. u got something there. we dont have many Emcees anymore. there's only alot of rappers.

da relic

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
so true.

wat a shame tho.

AND STILL THE RAPPERS GETS THE FUKIN SHINE!

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
hip hop is like pop now u don't need 16 bars just a catchy hook maybe 4 bar raps reapeated theres your hit