THis is what started all this

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The point I made was:

"no rapper would come forward and diss eminem because they are afraid of killing there record sells, white people buy more hip hop than anyone and to attack Eminem who is the most popular would welcome a backlash from the community with the most discrectionary income" i.e. Benzino, I wasn't being racist or anything
'!!

It also urked a lot of people and I'm sorry if I offended anyone but the statement that said, a lot of white people got into hip hop because of Eminem, got people ticked, and I'm not stupid I know White people been listening to hip hop in the beginning hell a white woman was the first to own a label with hip hop on it, but THE MASSES that enjoy hip hop now, came in with EMINEM!! HE made it coool to dig hip hop, when A LOT NOT ALL were listening to other forms of music.

I"MMA be a MAN about the situation and apologize for telling the truth, I've been a fan of some of the best white guys in the industry, Eminem has talent but no lyrical content most of the time which is a skill!! Let's get past the name calling and childish antics of a few on this site for the good of us all!

T

The Bastard

Let's get past the name calling and childish antics of a few on this site for the good of us all![/QUOTE said:
yeah get past it, you were the only one doin it

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
yeah its probably true that Eminem got alot of people into hip hop.

But who found Eminem..... DR DRE!

people say "Eminem only has this massive fan base coz he's white"... thats BS coz why didnt Vanilla Ice and Everlast have the same impact???

i think its more to do with his ''i dont give a fuck'' attitude, and the way he shocked everyone with his first videos etc..

sAfE.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
jaydub23510 said:
The point I made was:

It also urked a lot of people and I'm sorry if I offended anyone but the statement that said, a lot of white people got into hip hop because of Eminem, got people ticked, and I'm not stupid I know White people been listening to hip hop in the beginning hell a white woman was the first to own a label with hip hop on it, but THE MASSES that enjoy hip hop now, came in with EMINEM!! HE made it coool to dig hip hop, when A LOT NOT ALL were listening to other forms of music.

I dunno about other areas, but thats how it was here. In the late 80's and early 90's,,,alota white dudes weren't listenin ti Hip Hop. Eventually all types got into it, but when Slim Shady jumped on the scene,,,,maaaan. Check it, I was bouncin at this Rock and Roll club with another Dance club attached(Birch Hill for all my NJ heads) and I never seen so many bleached heads!! lol. I think Em did bring in a wave of new white listeners,,,but at the same time,,,WHO CARES!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Hey Eminem said it himself: "Look at these eyes, baby blue, baby just like yourself, if they were brown, Shady lose, Shady sits on the shelf, but Shady's cute, Shady knew, Shady's dimple's would help, make ladies swoon baby, ooh baby, look at my sales, let's do the math, if I was black, I would've sold half..."

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Rhythmikal said:

people say "Eminem only has this massive fan base coz he's white"... thats BS coz why didnt Vanilla Ice and Everlast have the same impact???

i think its more to do with his ''i dont give a fuck'' attitude, and the way he shocked everyone with his first videos etc..

sAfE.
It's because he's the first white rapper to go mainstream that was nicer than everybody at the time. The fact that he was killin everybody was unbelievable because no white rapper ever done that before like hime, and number 2 dude didn't even look like he could rap. He looked, or should i say looks, like a skateboarder or something. Thats why he became so big and thats why a lot of white kids around here started getting into rap. Why the fuck you think 50 is so big? Eminem made it ok for suburban white kids with money to listen to hime and therefore buy his fuckin album. If 50 signed with rocafella instead you think he wouldve sold like that? Hell fuckin nah.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:

sAfE.

i am not ignorant to the point I will not say the boy got skills but my beef is the industry as a whole, sure the boy got skills but he aint saying shit on the mike, now that boy LIL WYTE and pitbull as well as bubba sparx i'm mad they aint get that m&m shine you know what I'm saying, i'm not being racists at all with my comments just the opposite, sorry if i come off cocky!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
thing is NOBODY is gettin that "eminem shine", cept nelly, and maybe 50..... and that could well have been a fluke, we'll see though.

bubba and wyte and pitbull dont exactly have taht across-the-board appeal either..... and pitbull is cuban...

but bubba has a big name affiliation even more likely to break into a pop market th eem did in timbaland, and yet he didnt get anywhere near em status... there is a reason for that.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
Jaydub, u said eminem as no lyrical content?? OK, GIVEN his lead singles don't offer much except some funny lines and pop sounding beats.....But are you seriously gonna say the rest of the tracks on his albums don't offer any lyrical content?? The Way I Am, Stan, Cleaning Out My Closet, Loose Yourself?? And those are just the singles...what about the other joints??

JAYDUB, I got a serious question, what do you think of MOSH, the new single?? Your honest opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online