This looks real dope!!!

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
this is ridiculous! No longer will samples be limited or identified the same way again! Or if you had a sample that you only wanted one note or instrument amoungst many, this should be possible with this software! WOW

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah I want to test it out and see what it can do before I do any sort of bowing but I'm sure you could still do some mad creative shit with your sample game even if it does reveal some limitations... When it gets released and it turns out to be good then I'm sure there will be enough to read on it's full capabilities or limitations.

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Q: How about mixed signals i.e. where you have a piano and a guitar on the same track?

A: Direct Note Access recognizes notes in their harmonic and temporal contexts. It cannot detect which instrument has played which note. So if a piano and a guitar play the same note at the same time, you cannot edit the guitar separately. With Direct Note Access, you can access the note itself, which in this case means the signal of both instruments.

Q: Can I also edit entire songs with Direct Note Access?

A: You can load whatever you like and experiment. Doing so can be interesting and even fun. With complex signals or entire mixes, the note detection can however reach its limits and perhaps not all the notes will be identified correctly. Direct Note Access is designed for the editing of individual instrument tracks in the course of a typical multi-track music production. In this context, the sound quality of the results is outstanding.

I don't think it will work as well as many here think

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Dope, dope, dope!!!!! I can't wait to try that out. I see endless possibilities using this with samples and stuff. I never wanted Autumn to come so fast. LOL!

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Q: How about mixed signals i.e. where you have a piano and a guitar on the same track?

A: Direct Note Access recognizes notes in their harmonic and temporal contexts. It cannot detect which instrument has played which note. So if a piano and a guitar play the same note at the same time, you cannot edit the guitar separately. With Direct Note Access, you can access the note itself, which in this case means the signal of both instruments.

Q: Can I also edit entire songs with Direct Note Access?

A: You can load whatever you like and experiment. Doing so can be interesting and even fun. With complex signals or entire mixes, the note detection can however reach its limits and perhaps not all the notes will be identified correctly. Direct Note Access is designed for the editing of individual instrument tracks in the course of a typical multi-track music production. In this context, the sound quality of the results is outstanding.

I don't think it will work as well as many here think

even with those limitations it should be able to do some dope stuff. hopefully at least separate out the drums or something. but this could be the building block onto which bigger and better software is built

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Oh
My
God

that will be a must for my sampling library.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
50 cal= adriatic block
adriaticblock: i had this program way back when
adriaticblock: it was so buggy
adriaticblock: i just stopped using it.....ima try it again tho
Sanova The Don: ............
Sanova The Don: u had that program?
Sanova The Don: odd... cuz its not out yet
adriaticblock: im talking about this shit melodyne nigga

krysolite

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wtFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
i knew this was possible, like, measure the amplitude lengths to find the pitch of the note. right? they use that for that american idol game right? see if you hit the right note. damm this is insanEE.

he stayed up so much developing that software he forgot to shave and cut his hair. and he gave that interview right after he finished.

members online