This thing is Ill!!!....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
helix said:
I think somebody got this in the Show Your Setup thread.
Oh right?!....Who copped it, i wanna kno how dope it is?

Theres also a version with jus the keys and pitch and mod wheel for like 1/2 the price, but i think i need all tha other assignable knobs and faders.....That things pretty dope.....I read some user reviews on ZZSOUNDS and it all sounded pretty good, it sounds like for the price of this board, you would have to spend about 2000 or more for a board that has better action keys.......Im like, Fuck that till i get some real scril in my pocket!....LOL

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
yeah am planning to either get this or a obeheim mc3000. thing is am a lil worried about the plastic-ness of the pro88, mayb its a lil week if carried around too much, whereas the oberheim has wooden keys and much stronger key-action. but the obeheim is about twice the weight

T

The Bastard

i got the 49 , not even close to as many knobs as the 88, but feelsnice, i like it

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
The keys on the Pro 88 are weighted so they feel similar to a real piano. I believe the construction of the controller is pretty sturdy, It seems to be the grandaddy of midi controllers you'll have more than enough parameters to control your software sequencers and VST instruments, etc. I was looking at getting one soon as well, but I'm going to wait a little while because I don't have enough space in the lab.

A

ACEBEATZ

Yeah this is tha bomb, i just bought one and it cool. Specially for the price.

C

Copenhagen

I've spoken to Afrique about this one too, and like I told him, for Reason users the faders and knobs won't make it easier. You would have to choose which presets and Reason instrument to alter each time with your mouse and the buttons on the keyboard anyway, so whilst you have the mouse in your hand it will be faster to just tweak whatever you had in mind with the mouse.
Secondly, and most importantly, I compared this keyboard with the Swissonic 88 keys (which doesn't has faders and knobs), and there's a considerable difference between the keys. The M-Audio keys are more plastic like and quickly jump back up, whereas the Swissonic is the closest I've seen to keys like a real weighted piano, they seem to be much better quality.
For the serious pianist, the Swissonic should be chosen over the M-Audio, and it's approx. 2/3 of the price.
At least, that's my humble opinion.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Ahh for real?....Oh well no worries.....Im really jus happy to hear that it has semi-weighted keys because i want to have a more authentic feel when recording.....In that case, ill prob jus cop tha one that costs like 240 - its the same weighted keys without all the knobs and fader....Jus the keys, a pitch wheel and a mod wheel......Im straight off that realistically.:).....Ive been mixing with the mouse for 3 years so i aint trippin.......Cope - didnt u say that the UC-33 is good with reason>?........................If so, id prob jus cop that as well to have the hands on with the mixer, if i ever really need it.

C

Copenhagen

DueceMade Ent. said:
Cope - didnt u say that the UC-33 is good with reason?........................If so, id prob jus cop that as well to have the hands on with the mixer, if i ever really need it.

Deuce, if I have said that, it must have been just when I got it, cause I quickly found out that I couldn't use both my keyboard and mixer at the same time in Reason. I had to choose which one to use in the preferences each time (at least if I wanted to record my actions too). You might get around this by also buying a midi interface, but then you still experience having to choose which preset on the mixer and choose which instrument to alter in Reason with your mouse, and then you might as well just tweak it with the mouse.
There might be an easier way that I am unaware of but then I can't see the forest for trees, cause I really thought about this.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
do u really need 88 keys and all them knobs?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Yeah Cope, thats wack the way reason still hasnt fixed that!....They need to allow mulitple midi signals at the same time.
Rhythm - hell yeah i need the 88 keys!:).......When i first started playin it was nonsense to buy a keyboard like this, but once i started flexin my playin skills i realized i need more room for both hands to play WIDER octaves at the SAME TIME without pressin tha octave jump.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That is a hot controller. I played with it a the GC. Feels pretty cool. Mess around and have Popeye arms after playing those weighted keys. With this joint and Reason with a rack of refills and it's a wrap!!

X
http://www.xfactorystudio.com

members online