Thoughts on pirated software?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Just for kicks...heres another twist on this topic.

Hip hops roots is all about using whatever resources that are availiable. Back in the day, before hip hop blew up, before anyone was even on the internet, before DJing gear came along, cats used home stereo speakers and amps to rock parties. Before there were slip mats, DJs cut 12" circles out of paper and plastic then poked a hole through the center and put them on t-tables in layers. Some cats even put baby powder in between to make them slip better. It was all about being creative at low to no cost.

So maybe hip hop is the real reason for jacking software. Its not only because of todays world, it goes back to the begining of hat we do.

Another scenario, when the music trend went from analog to digital. When every producer was using analog gear, jacking software wasnt an issue. So maybe digital gear which eventually turned into software should be where we put the blame.

Maybe its a combonation of many factors. Nevertheless it cant be stopped yet so we still find ourselves at square one.

My personal conclusion...this is all a matter of opinion.

dac

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My personal conclusion...this is all a matter of opinion.

dac

I have come to a similar conclusion and decided on this course of action;

Fuck the old shit, we move on and make new shit... that's also part of hip hop.... I'm gonna just keep rollin on the next one and put that out... if people steal it, I'll make a new one.... steal that one and I'll make ANOTHER ONE....

then we can all be happy.

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
ARRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Put it to yall like this...

The software I use on the neko at the studio is all purchased legally...all the vsts and shit on the neko I use is purchased legally.

Now why would I sit at home and buy all of the same shit for my personal laptop? I'm just exporting the projects, anyway...

When I make 10 grand on some music....Then I'll consider purchasing these products for home use. I consider it "borrowing" rather than stealing.

These software demos are so damn limited, you don't even know if it's even worth buying when you use it, anyway....Come on..you can't save a freaking project unless you purchase it? You can't use that plugin on one of your sounds?

Sorry homie...if I can't truly understand the full use of a product by the demo, I won't buy it at all...mainly because I'm not 100% on if I'd even use it....and don't really know all of the capabilities of the program and if it would suit my needs at all....

That's like saying "yeah I want that car" but I can't take a test drive...I can only sit in the car...turn it on and rev it a couple of times....

I feel what you're saying as a developer.......Make those demos more in tuned for potential customers to be convinced enough to buy it and make some of the products a little more affordable......I think Image Line is dumb for releasing different versions of their FL Studio software.....I could only afford FL Studio Express Edition at this time for my home computer......but no piano roll or recording? What kind of shit is that? Now why would I even buy this version when I could download a fully workable version on the internet? Welp...Image Line just lost a sale.

If you make some serious money with music, I'm all for buying the products that got you there...but if you're sitting at home not making a lot of money and like making music, it's really difficult to shell out the hundreds, even thousands of dollars on these products.....Shit...I saw a VST from EastWest for like $899...are you kidding me?

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
ironically most software is built using libraries and functions that are coded by other people... hmm...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Never thought of it that way....

"things that make you go hmmm..."

SirSedric

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ironically most software is built using libraries and functions that are coded by other people... hmm...

Well, I don't sell software... nor do I use code in what I do make... I do sell digital goods, and maybe in the general sense that we all use an OS to access digital products I use code... but not in any specific way....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Im sure that all can cosign on this...

It appears that most understand the frustrations concerning piracy and the consequences of it. Its also clear that its not a personal attack on anyone who designs or creates this software but more of a means of aquiring "free" software due to the cost and the current marketing restrictions (demo software...).

At this point I think that sums it all up. Conpanies are gonna continue to make new software because they are looking for the profits that they will gain on those who purchase their work and there will be those who aquire their work (legally or illegaly) and make it availiable to those that want it free.

dac

members online

No members online now.