Timberlake My love /Ne-yo Miss Indep. synth

StraDivaRius

So determined....
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 94
Illfam,

I was arguing with another producer today about the main synth lines that both songs have, that are kinda repetitive.

and

My question is are the main synths gated/arp or do you think they played the line straight up?
Even better do you know where they are from?

Anyhow I am just trying to prove my man wrong with this lol, I think they are gated.
Thank you
Holla

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Gataed....I've been gating my synth lately. I run one track of them str8 and then drop another track of the same synth gated for a change up....works great for me.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Yeah I sould try that, you gate them with a vst gate or the one that some synths have?

I use a plugin called Octav8r....only cost about 30 bucks.....shits amazing though....its the most used plugin I have in my arsenal and that's saying alot because I have a HUGE arsenal of plugins and vsti's

Bamboo

ill o.g.
It's a 'trance-gate' or 'chopper'.The keyboardist is playing a chord progression and then putting a gate in as an insert effect, which applies a staccato muting of the audio / midi output. Timbaland and Danja use them a lot, and when done right a pretty pedestrian chord progression turns into a futuristic groove with a lot of movement, especially when programmed to interact with the drums / bass.

An arp (arpeggio / arpeggiator) is a playing technique where "the notes of a chord are played or sung in sequence, one after the other, rather than ringing out simultaneously.". Arps are very cool but result in a different sound.

gballin123

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I use a plugin called Octav8r....only cost about 30 bucks.....shits amazing though....its the most used plugin I have in my arsenal and that's saying alot because I have a HUGE arsenal of plugins and vsti's

Good info

members online