Tip: Increase Work Flow in FL Studio

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Everytime you start a "New" project in FL Studio...at some point you have to open other plugins. Some of the plugins open with other programs which takes up precious seconds to open (i.e. Edison requires FL Wrapper to open first). So here's a simple tip to reduce (setup) time.

1. Open FL Studio

2. Click on Track 30 (because you'll have 29 tracks in front of it to put your work on...plenty of room) and open Edison for your main sample(must of us use Edison for our samples...) in your Mixer Input 3 (Use 3 so if needed, you can add 2 plugins that you may need after starting your project...i.e. if you need to clean up a sample BEFORE you start chopping it up).

3. Click on Track 31 and do the same thing (Just incase you need a 2nd Edison for smaller sections of your main sample or even a second sample).

4. Click on your Master Mixer Channel and open whatever you normally use there (i.e. your MultiBand Compressor, EQ or whatever, just be sure to put them in the proper order in your Mixer Input, once again, leave room for a couple of other plugins if needed by starting with Input 3).

5. Now click File, Save As, and name your blank setup. (I named mine "Blank Templet" so I will know exactly what it is at the start of my new projects).

* Once you've started your new project (you've loaded a Sample in Edison and started work on it...or anything else...) be sure to save it with a new name. That will keep your Blank Templet and create another file for your new project.

Then the next time you start a new project, everything will open at once (no waiting for your plugins to load).

* This will decrease your setup time and Increase your Work Flow. Good luck and hit me with any questions here.

Enjoy!

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Nice tip. I already have done that but it's good that everyone knows this tip. I also have some eq settings and filters defaulted too. Nice! BTW, the Iota Lamba Lamba tag is tight. Where can I get that? I was trying to link to the pic in your sig but no luck. Thanks.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
BTW, the Iota Lamba Lamba tag is tight. Where can I get that? I was trying to link to the pic in your sig but no luck. Thanks.

you can just drag it to your desktop

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
that's if you have a mac....

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
C

Cognize

good tip here, I do something like this too I have a file with 12 channels of drums, 4 kick 3 snares 2 open 1 closed hat and another channel for another random perc.
The master gets Maximus and a Parametric EQ
the kick channels have Parametric EQ
the snare channels have Blockfish and Fruity EQs
the hats get Blockfish, Fruity EQ and a reverb (I use Ambience by default)
and then a wood block

just open that you are laying down your drums for a new project in seconds
swapping the old drums for whichever you want is easy.

I'm going to add the edison on Ch 30 to complete the easyness