Tips for making each beats sound different???

anonymous_103

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what i like to doe is try to emulate different producers. try making a timbaland sounding beat, then try making a dre sounding beat, then go for the pete rock or primo type of beat. also man, use effects on your drums too. personally, drums can make a world of difference on a track.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Seoul P said:
Get yourself a good varitey and amount of sounds and just make beats, don't think about it too much.

that's the way I do it. Just let your fingers be the guide and do what you feelin that particular day.

I get in moods where I'll make a whole bunch of NORE club beats for like two weeks then I'll just switch up and make some Talib backpack shit for the next week or so, then some MOP bangers after that. Just let it flow.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
wavez said:
Hey! I dont know if it is too obvious or something, but seems that no one has mentioned of using some different scales (and not just western!). Also starting ur song of with other note than C (or with what u be usually starting), will make a difference.

It's not too obvious, it's a good idea. I try it, but the thing is even in a different scale, i kind do the same sounding melody!

I definately think I'll have to buy some racks, probably the Motif ES..