Tips for those who sell their own CD's...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Sup peeps, here are a few tips that I use to give my CD's a little something extra.

1. I always use a DVD case when I want to impress. I replace the factory inserts with my own work whether it be some art, my picture, the groups picture, a picture of my studio or whatever. On the backside, I put shout-outs, credits, a bio or whatever. You'll be surprised how many people will buy it just because you put their names or their crews on it. Some will even buy it hoping that you'll put their names on the next one. The reason I use DVD cases is so that I can present something different than the normal sleeve or clear plastic case plus I have a ton of them just lying around.

2. I like putting a short audio/video clip on the CD as well. I'll show us chilling in the lab, me getting busy on the wheels, shout outs, and once I put a little tour of the lab on a promotion CD that I did. That turned out to be pretty cool because it was self advertising and it was kinda like a video resume.

I thought I'd share this with you cats and if you have any tips, holla back.

--dacalion

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
very interesting!!!The two artist I'm working are constantly bringing the video camera in the studio Taping each other and sneaking shots of me sitting at the board we have about 3 or 4 more songs to go I might try to put the video clips on the cd an enhanced cd my be more apealing to people

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

That would be hillarious...I run a little Mackie 1402 and Peavey PC1600x to control my hardware and software, it would look GAY having people hunched over those in the manditory 'Ima in da studio playin' wit da faderz' photo :D

Take care

Nick

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Holmzini
yo inrcty is that your studio for real? shits official

It is offical isn't it!!!!!But it's not mine....Sorry for the dissapointment people...That's my dream studio...I'm going to work so hard that I'll be able to build one like it or better..It's my motovation...My studio has a lot less space and a 32 inch tv to watch the football games on sunday when I'm recording

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
there is some good points in there. about the enhanced cd, if you get an album pressed independently then can you do that? and if so i think it would probably cost a lot of money. When my group got are albums preesed we had to pay a lot extra for full colour and a bigger book.

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i had put together an enhanced cd for my artists which came out pretty good. i print my own cd`s with my cd printer, and all of my art work is done in adobe photo. we had no problem getting them sold.
everything was there even down to the bar code. the cd`s looked just as good as the ones on the market. but never"i mean never" send an A&R a enhanced cd. its a big turn off. if they stick that cd in their system and it crashes, you can forget about your career in music.

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by nas2000xl
i had put together an enhanced cd for my artists which came out pretty good. i print my own cd`s with my cd printer, and all of my art work is done in adobe photo. we had no problem getting them sold.
everything was there even down to the bar code. the cd`s looked just as good as the ones on the market. but never"i mean never" send an A&R a enhanced cd. its a big turn off. if they stick that cd in their system and it crashes, you can forget about your career in music.

since you pressed your self how did you go about getting the barcode?
Thanks

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Im putting together a cd myself now.....as far as printing up inserts and cases labels on the cd's and even burning the cd's does anyone have any suggestions on cheap places or alternatives to the more expensive route's???????? anyone here thats good with photoshop wanna be a pal and help me make a logo for my crew.....Highest Grade Ent. and nothing with a weed plant in it lol some typa logo or something