to fruity loop slicer users.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
Is there a way to make the sample chops play less choppy. It sounds to choppy when i rearange the sample pieces. I watch the tutorial from knoxraw and it helped alittle. i just think that using the slicer is making my samples sound to choppy. need a little help.......thanks

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
when u punch in the notes where the sample u want is playing, the notes go onto the piano.... usually for me when the samples sound choppy i would play with the note length and see how the samples blend..... u will have choppy sounds if u trigger a sound and it ends with the next note of the original song.... IM NOT VERY GOOD AT EXPLAINING i hope u can understand what im saying.... its hard to not have choppy sound when u are using like .2 ms of a sample but there are many ways to avoid this problem

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Reverb works wonders in not making a chop sound like a chop. Try that along with some other effects to smooth it out.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
there is a limit to the stretching you can do without having a choppy sound... the only way you can make it less choppy is by stretching each slice (use the "fill gap" slider), but the there is also a limit to that, cuz if you do it too much... you will denaturalize the sound (can you say that if english) .. well the sample will sound wierd and synthy/screwed/crappy

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
sYgMa said:
there is a limit to the stretching you can do without having a choppy sound... the only way you can make it less choppy is by stretching each slice (use the "fill gap" slider), but the there is also a limit to that, cuz if you do it too much... you will denaturalize the sound (can you say that if english) .. well the sample will sound wierd and synthy/screwed/crappy

Thanks for elaborating for me...... thats what i was trying to say about the stretching..... =)