to Fruity Loop users?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
When adjusting levels on the step sequencer for your drums, samples etc what percentage do you leave them at before mixing down the track and exporting? can someone give me an example of what there levels are? like the drum vol should be close to 60% and snare at 40%. Just looking for a ball park figure of what the average FL user leaves these levels at.- thanks

without that kid I would just be that nothing.........845 stand up....

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
if you want to keep it easy for yourself, keep em in initial position and work with the gain cuz when you create a mixdown of all the tracks you want all the tracks to be as loud as possible.
The rendered tracks are then summed up for mixing where you level fades.

The parameters for step sequencing are good for creating accents and weird pitches etc., when using velocity on drums I think its best to keep the 1/5/9/13's leveled at initial position and create accents anywhere between those steps (and don't raise velocity levels above the initial position).

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
When mixing down work with the mixer and not the step sequencer to adjust volumes...i always suggest send each of ur samples to a seperate track and then control the volume there, reason for that u might wanna add an fx, which will amplify or distort the sound, so sending the sample to the mixer, will allow to solo each unit and tinker until ur ear determines wat works best..there are no set defintions. The only rule a thumb is to not let the sound clip or distort just keep it mellow to allow room for the engineer to work, as you become advanced with fl u will see how to export ur tracks individually and combine them in another program like Pro Tools OR Acid which is the true way to mix\ master

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Actually, since I like to layer my drums, I adjust my volume depending on the resulting sound I want to have...

members online