To The Gov't Of Arizona, F.U.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
seriously, the state is just doubling down on this racist bs

their 'papers, please' immigration law, written in part and by a racist nativist from f.a.i.r., which is a license for illegal racial profiling wasn't enough. the introduction of a birther bill wasn't enough. ending kidscare which provides health care for poor children (only to reinstate when they found out they will lose out on fed money due to the new health care act) and now...

Arizona Expands Its Discrimination: Teachers With Heavy Accents Can’t Teach English, Ethnic Studies Are Banned

ethnic studies = advocating the overthrow of a gov't? jeebus

and good old walnuts mccain flip flopping once again just to get the teabagger vote.

fuck 'em

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
wow, How can you not teach ethnic anything? Fear is dangerous.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The REAL problem is that the federal govt...for whatever reason you may believe, has NO desire what so ever to curb illegal immigration....so your gonna get legistlation like this

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
The feds wont enforce it because the whole country is founded on slavery or str8 up exploitation of its immigrants. That means free to REEAAL cheap labor.
Africans, Chinese, Irish, Italians, Latins

In a way I can see exactly where Arizona is coming from , honestly something needs to be done (no I dont hate south americans have quite a few friends and co workers), we arent just talking about a few folks coming in to work for the mean ol gringo, we are talking about a shitload of crime coming with it.(no not all illegals are criminals), additionally it can be a strain on local reasources including schools and hospitals.(which is why the census is important to do even if you are illeagal)

I heard, dont know if this is true because its real hard to believe, but Pheonix is now the kidnapping capital of the world..WORLD.. they average 2 a day or so now.
Kidnapping, at least what NPR has told me over the years , is just a part of life south of the border where it is used by gangs for money and influence over innocent people there.
Additionally about 2 years ago I think it was , a police dept on the border in Texas had a shoot out with a cartel that was using humvees (military grade) and machine guns, for a while they werent sure if the mexican military was invading.
This brings me to the point that the Mexican governemt will tell you quickly, these are no longer cartels with AK's and shit , they are fighting actual ARMIES, armies that are WELL equipped and well trained .
They know how to manuver, they know how to use tactics, this aint Tony Montanna and his little friend , this is for real deal military vs military and if the US were smart it would start preparing to counter that possibly using military.
Additionally getting into a South American country I am assuming is alot easier than flying into the US directly , so there is the added Al-Queada threat due to porus borders.
Also I would like to point out that "Illegal" means just that against the law, if I am caught with an illegal substance chances are Im going to jail for quite a while not just ignored or slapped on the wrist and put some miles away from where I was caught with said substance.
We need to enforce our laws , and we need to seal up that border or I promise you every state and every culture ,race, creed here will wish to God that we had.

That being said they shouldnt racially profile obviously, but they will.

I also know that most of my concerns above dont have much to do with the new law itself but I use them to illustrate the actual growing problems, not that it is all racially motivated.
The gaping hole I see in the logic even of Arizona's solution is "What do you do with illegals when you find them?" Deport them????? For what , they come right back , even as far away as here in NC they come RIGHT back.
If your not stopping it at the border in the first place then shipping people back is irrelevant.

Immigration and especially illeagal immigration is a serious problem in more countries than the US. In France I think its the North Africans, in England its the Polish I believe, funny in a non haha way (meaning irony) that these countries set themselves up to be a beacon of freedom to attract people to it then dont know how to deal with the influx when the call is heard.

The other irony is that these people are actually just spansih speaking natives of the land sorta moving right back in.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
actually, the one thing that bush tried to do that got uncharacteristically shut down by his own party was immigration reform. he got real pushback and venom from the gop. congress defeated at least two bills in his 2nd term, the last one didn't get the votes to be debated

here's a link discussing the last time he tried to work on immigration http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19475868/

with the gop in pure obstruction mode until at least nov., cheap politicians like walnuts mccain flip flopping on immigration in order to appeal to the teabaggers and far right, and with the rank and file, like lindsey graham, stating that immigration reform can and should wait until 2011-2012 (of course they say everything should wait), even when graham dared to WH to take on immigration late last year

so now there's a new bill from reid (a start but with the shitty biometric id idea) which the repubs refuse to even look at

Industry loves cheap labour, and many companies have grown to rely on it these days.
I have nothing against immigration, but I dont agree with exploitation of the immigrants, nor do I agree with open border polices that allow any criminals into the country unchecked. There will not be any anti immigration laws passed soon in the US due to one MAJORLY IMPORTANT factor, the North American Union, aka what NAFTA will become just like the european free trade agreement became the European Union.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
As an independant I gotta say the GOP has really let down the US.
They wouldnt do what Bush wanted because prolly they all get mucho kick backs from cheap labor, they wont do what Obama wants because generally its the right thing to do , started as a repub idea eons ago and they cant get credit for it now.
If they actually offered some ideas then they would have a leg to stand on but to just say "no" while stoking hatred gets zero votes from me for the rest of the forseeable future.
so funny how SC is shining once again as one of the dumbest most racist states in the union.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
phoenix is not the kidnap capital of the world and here's a wsj article describing the who, what and why in reference to the kidnappings

Immigrants Become Hostages as Gangs Prey on Mexicans

Thanks for the clarification , I wasnt exactly buying that, in fact that may have been some ol 700 club crap that I turned off after seeing that but it stuck in my head (which is what makes tea baggers dangerous).
I was thinking 2 kidnappings a day while absolutely horendous is prolly still light compared to brazil.
Point being though that 2 kidnappings a day or even 2 kidnapping a day is high as hell for a single city in the US.
I see now kidnapping capital of the US .. lol, I guess for the 700 club that makes it the world, still though, thats why Arizona has come to this point, I mean its not like they didnt already have McCain as a senator but when you have these types of problems it helps them justify their actions.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Bottom line is we need immigration reform in this country. Too many aliens are benefiting from being here illegally, and too many are taken advantage of for being here without papers.
But what Arizona is doing is DEAD WRONG!
And people of all backgrounds should be highly offended. Not just Latinos.
Stopping people to check their papers......does that sound familiar. I bet it does to the Jews.
And do you know why Italians got the racial slur of "WOP"? It means "With Out Papers".
Blacks have been subject to bias and racism and their ancestors were brought here against their will. Asians have also been subject to this countries racism. Point is unless your a Native American...you're an Alien. So stop singling out Latinos. This country welcomes immigrants as long as their white and have money. But if you're brown and poor....well you get treated like you're from New Orleans.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Bottom line is we need immigration reform in this country. Too many aliens are benefiting from being here illegally, and too many are taken advantage of for being here without papers.
But what Arizona is doing is DEAD WRONG!
And people of all backgrounds should be highly offended. Not just Latinos.
Stopping people to check their papers......does that sound familiar. I bet it does to the Jews.
And do you know why Italians got the racial slur of "WOP"? It means "With Out Papers".
Blacks have been subject to bias and racism and their ancestors were brought here against their will. Asians have also been subject to this countries racism. Point is unless your a Native American...you're an Alien. So stop singling out Latinos. This country welcomes immigrants as long as their white and have money. But if you're brown and poor....well you get treated like you're from New Orleans.
Well said Benny.

members online