tone transitions

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
You know when you are wistling a tune and u go from a lower to higher pitch the sound "rolls" smoothly to the next tone....what effects do u guys use to get this effect. like if I wanna play a synth and I want the sound to roll together more rather than sounding like individual note hits. U guys mainly get this effect with attack and delay or is there something else??

ill o.g.
depends on what you using. some synths have portamento, use that to make notes glide (keep one pressed while you play the next one and it will glide if portamento is on). Usually you can adjust the speed of the glide too. And sometimes if a synth is monophonic it automatically does this.

If youre using fruity you can put portamento on damn near anything, just hit one of them tabs in the channel settings (misc i think) , switch on mono and adjust the knob next to it to adjust the speed. if you turn on porta, the button above it, it will glide on all notes, with just mono switched on it will act more naturally and only glide if you hit a key while another is pressed.

peace

members online