Top Hip Hop Drum Kit?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
the problem with these questions is THERE IS NO BEST- there is only what is best for you. period.

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
It fully depends on the feel of the song. Just dig old records (this is my answer to everything).

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
NO Doubt!

erkl said:
youll probably have to dig through alot and put together your own kits..
ive never found a package ive been happy with, but ive moddified/pasted together kits that i use

dont be lazy!
Word up!...I dont think ive ever been able to jus load a kit and go!?...That jus never happens unfortunatly. Not unless i suppose you either REALLY LUCK OUT!...or you jus makin a quick ass beat.

Heres what i suggest:

If your looking for kits to get you started that sound like a specific artists sounds then "bangin beats" tends to follow that tradition of selling kits that are put together to sound like that. (for me, i like variety tho - so i like to mix and match-jus do it carefully...some sounds jus dont belong together:D)

Also, if yer ever inclined to put in a little work - i would try sampling vinyl. Vinyls great for hiphop cuz it tends to retain a really nice lower end in tha kicks and snares. To me thats tha goldmine sounds.

Steez

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I say it depends on the beat. I wouldnt use the same drum for a club banger than for a ballad... even if you can if you want to... but i wouldnt

spin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i always also like to eq my drums :) and put some effect on the top like compressor reverd etc...

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
imo every hiphop drum sample cd i heard sounds weak, the release on the sounds are to short and they have little impact, plus they sound very digital. i would much rather have a collection of my own vinyl samples.

XpLiCiiT

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
the best way to get a good drum kit is to put it together each sound idividually because on kits u might like some and might not like some of the sounds so build ur own man ..thats all i can say

N

nardo

I Have 4 Zips Full 808 909 Sp,ect. Samples From All Rock Jazz Soul Blues Ect The Thing Iz 2 Eq Them All Then Sample Them Its A Must.hihats Kicks Snares Booms All

Phiba Optix

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IMO Modern Beats are the whackest kits ever, I got all of them and I never use them. The bangin beats ones are not bad and as for the actual artist kits that people make up i.e. Lil Jon, I'd definately stay away from them.

My best kits are all made up of kits that I've managed to download from various places and put together myself. You jus gotta keep your eyes peeled.

But at the end of the day, its down to the actual sound your after yourself. If you wanna get that real commercial sound then modern beats may work for you...

C

Carpe Diem

all bout sampling your drums man....get sum nice samples from old soul ish, freak em a bit and pow....

but yeah, download sum kits and freak em...aint no drums sound good on their own...they all need a slight tweaking...

members online