Track (beat) Structure..........is There A Correct Pattern????????

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
just curious.......what patterns do you guys use to make your tracks...........

my style is the intro is wutever......i just throw this in front of my track on my multitrack recorder (i use kristal--using this shit until i get pro-tools m-box)........this i just use 4-bar loops and throw then together....

the fantom-x sux for putting together sequences (i fuckin MISS my MPC2000xl for this) so i just mute tracks in and out to put toether my beats.

also...does anyone know the pattern for "breath".....is it all 4-bar loops........

holla back.........JB (this is my name BTW, gonna start using this.....incogneeto is just some shit i was using......i didnt like JB caus etoo close to JZ and JD but its my name so FUCK EVERYONE...lol)

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
damn noone got sumthing to say.17 views no replies...is this a weak question or did i stump ya'll

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok man I play the drums....most of my patterns are either based on what I would do with the kick and the snare....some times I hand bang the pattern, sometimes I will lay the kick first, go back and put the snare in.....or start with the hat......there's few methods I use to get the job done man....basically try to be funky with it.....thats what I find in a lot of patterns you hear a lack of just being original with the patterns.....but yeah the mute feature is the greatest on the 2k....but I just record the loop in protools and just use the automation there for bring in the hook etc or putting a drop in there.....

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Most hip hop beats are 4 bar loops but then this is not a rule. Breathe is based on a 4 bar loop. Count and u gonn see. Congrats on the new name. It is lovely!

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
JB is the name of the producer for Move.Meant, www.meantality.com .. also known as Just Beats

oh and its usually like 4 bar intro, 16 bar verse, 8 bar hook, maybe a 4 bar bridge, bact to the verse, etc.. thats how most mcs like it

C

Copenhagen

It all depends on what fits. Showbiz did an EP (with AG of course), with nothing but dope 2 bar loops...and El-P has made beats with 8 to 16 bar loops.
However, most have a 4 bar intro, 16 bar verse, 4 to 8 bar hook, 16 bar verse, 4 to 8 bar bridge, hook again and outro...(much like already stated by Hoppa). This is a norm, not a rule.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
incogneeto said:
damn noone got sumthing to say.17 views no replies...is this a weak question or did i stump ya'll

it's just that this kinda thread have been done before, sorry

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Depending on what your music style is you could go intro, loop, body, break, loop, reprise, outro.
That's like a normal club remix style.
ONE

TheSpark...

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't always stick with the same set up... change it up depending on the song... but you could even do 2 four bar beats and make them similar but just change stuff up... Timbaland style it if ya have to...

ill o.g.
i agree with spark in not stickin with the same style, u can be not just versatile when spittin but in beatmakin too, change it up now n then, i try to be different, if u do an intro try to think of sumthin original instead of just starting with ur drums n bring in the meldy after the 4 bars or visa versa (however u spell that) i just try to get creative with it as far as the lenghth of the verse tho i tend to stick with 16 bars, my hooks change sumtimes for my hook ill sample a lil voice from the sample to say sumthin 4 a bar or 2 then drop the next verse or the classic 4 - 8 bar hook u can spit over...changin it up to me is a key to get people to always never kno what to expect n look forward to hearin the next beat

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'd say the same thing that was already said, but really, it all depends on what flavor you want to get...

Actually, there is a question that popped up... it is in the idea of this thread, so I wont start a new one just for that...

I'm a beatmaker for now, but I'm striving to be a producer, so my question is:

Do you think beatmakers/producers should make the beat to the MCs liking or does the MC has to ajust to the beat (pattern wise, I mean)...

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think song structure is a great thing to discuss and should be a more discussed topic as in my opinion it is structure that makes the song. there is alot written about structure for classical music r&b rock etc. but not much is said about hip hop. often tho a good way (often used for rock) is the chorus is developed first then the intro (and often outro) is derived from it (often just the chorus minus a part or two) and the verse for hip hop (the hip hop i listen to mostly stuff where lyrics are a focus not just a lot of shit talk) is simplified to to accentuate the lyrics often one or two bar drum loops with often two bar basslines and an accent to break thing up every 4 bars and some sort of bigger accent every 8 bars. if you can work them out bridges breaks etc. are great and can really make a song. alot of songs also pick up in intensite about 2/3rds of the way through so as to keep the listeners attention