Tracking songs in Acid?? Please Help

• beat this! voting starts in...

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Alright. Heres my delimma. I make beats in FL and I usually send the fully tracked out beat to someone in .wav format. Everythings fine with that except this studio i'm working with in new jersey would prefer to have everything tracked out or opened in Acid. I'm not even sure what this means but i'm assuming they wan't me to acidize the stuff or something? I've never used acid in my life and have no idea what i'm trying to say really except that they said it'd be much easier on their part if they could have it in acid format.

So I guess i'm saying, what's the best way to do this? I'm guessing it involves actually getting acid......

They did say that they can handle just the waves tracked out but they would prefer the acid stuff so i'm seeing if it's feasible or not.

Thanks ahead of time,

Peace!!

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Channels to Tracks

Just guessing but...

Maybe they mean they want each channel from fruity to be it's own track. Say your channel one is your hi-hats, export channel one to a wav. file and load it into Acid. Basically, I think they want each channel it's own wav. file, and arranged in Acid. Could be very time consuming on your end, but if they work in Acid, it'll be hella easy to work with for them.

Peace

Emeezy

Etrack Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
^^^ hes got it right there. I had to track out a beat in acid before, it actually made it a little easier to locate my sounds in the track. export each pattern as a .wav file. hi-hats, snares, kicks would all need to be separate files. Then you go out put them in acid basically the same way you would use the playlist in fruity. its kinda time consuming but if you got a chair you might as well.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I think the best thing for you to do is just seperate each individual track into a wav file. i.e. snares, kiks, hihats, bass line, samples, so on so forth. Make sure each is the same length. Put those in a folder and put them on a data CD or email them to dude. And let dude dump them into his ACID. Its pointless for you just to go and cop a copy of ACID just to do that. Don't sleep on ACID tho I do most of my shit in ACID check my links...

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
I have a question fo yall. I dont uze FL but when u go to export each sound what happenz to da pattern? Basically i waz assumin that if u exported each track it would rearrange the whole beat and you would have to place each track back in itz location. But maybe im wrong. I messed wit FL once and I think you when u save it az a .wav file it savez it az itz loaded(same position/spot). Not sure but let me know how it turnz out.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
By exporting a track by itself (lets use the kick drum for example), you have a 3 minute long (or however long your whole beat is) .wav of just your kick drum alone. Silence is inserted in between each time the kick drum hits. So you'll have a long file with multiple kick drums hitting at however your pattern was that you programmed.

This works if you export all of your tracks and every single file/instrument that is tracked out is the same length. Putting the beat back together is as simple as loading up all of the tracks and having them all start at the beginning.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
5th Sequence said:
Yeah that's how i've always done it, Shortfuze.

So instead of a 4 minute .wav of hihats for example, just a single pattern?

Tracked out obviously, but still. I'll hit em up an ask.

Thanks for the responses guys.

Yeah I've done it both ways. I like to save each individual track as a 4 or 8 bar loop. That gives you more options for your drop ins and drop outs, especially with ACID cause all you have to do is paint them in or paint them out. Not a bunch of tedious cuttin and pastin. But time is money and thats another process you'd have to do in the studio. But I think its better to do that after you've got the vocalz down to arrange the complete track. Just depends on what you wanna attain with your studio time.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Alright, so that's not difficult to do at all. So I just export the .wav of each pattern and i'm done? I don't get what acidized means really, or if they wanted me to do something to the pattern that it's been exported. I'm still awaiting their response

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
wait, so is the best way to track each channel out as the whole song like 3 mins of kick drums or a single sequence and rearrange like that? im interested in this too cus i might start doing this, its more professional than fucking with a fruity loops file when ur with an mc haha, cant u just like export each thing as like 3 minutes and then like do like mute automations in ACID, can you do that in ACID?