Transient Shaper plugin

YannFer

The Mr Bernard Who Laughs
Battle Points: 166
thinking of a way to abuse it.

the thing i hate about using it is the massive spikes, and slow attack comps will only emphasise that.
In cubase, there's a stock multiband transient shaper which is super useful.

I only use transient shaper to increase the attack, not reduce it.
If the goal is to reduce the attack, the best for me is to adjust the envelope of the sample player or instrument.

Slow comps will leave the transients untouched. Fast comps may work but I always find they seem to add a "click" sound depending on the source.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
In cubase, there's a stock multiband transient shaper which is super useful.

I only use transient shaper to increase the attack, not reduce it.
If the goal is to reduce the attack, the best for me is to adjust the envelope of the sample player or instrument.

Slow comps will leave the transients untouched. Fast comps may work but I always find they seem to add a "click" sound depending on the source.
This is why i usually avoid them...

I want that punchy attack, but i want that body, increasing attack leads to massive spikes that make your overrall mix quieter. When i needed ny kick to punxh throufg a mix more i applied a gentle compression that missed the attack of the kick.

Declik

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 60
Maybe I am coming after the war but who knows .. lol
I have tried Auburn Sounds Couture and it's quite good and free above all .
There are many good transient shapers on the market that are not free : SPL transient shaper , Waves Smack attack , Softube transient shaper, digital box lab transgressor which is a beast .. etc .. lately nanopulse from united plugin caught my attention .. it's good to have one which allows more accurate controls.

members online