Travis Barker drum samples on Splice

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
Has anyone checked out the Travis Barker drum samples on Splice? I'm kinda interested, but not sure if I wanna sign up to Splice just for that.

TiSzY

I tested it out, some of the clips sound over compressed, there’s are better free kits out there. Splice is pretty cool if you are not the type to come up with your own kits/sounds. I’m not really into the idea of signing up for a subscription unless at the end, I’m going to own the product/software. Read the end user agreement, there are certain kits/sounds that need additional clearance if you want to commercially use them

Has anyone checked out the Travis Barker drum samples on Splice? I'm kinda interested, but not sure if I wanna sign up to Splice just for that.
idk why but i feel guilty to use samples & loops, like it's a cheat. fade convinced me to use sampled drumloops in his article, but still if i'm using a loop, it has to be a loop i cut from a song myself. what i just said is arguably wrong, but using loops is literally stupid, unless u wanna practice making drums or smth

Last edited:

Bino5150

~Mo Thugs~
idk why but i feel guilty to use samples & loops, like it's a cheat. fade convinced me to use sampled drumloops in his article, but still if i'm using a loop, it has to be a loop i cut from a song myself. what i just said is arguably wrong, but using loops is literally stupid, unless u wanna practice making drums or smth

I'm not really one for loops either, I was just curious about the one-shot drum samples.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
It is worth to get, depending on what style you want to make. In my opinion has some very interesting kicks, percs and especially the snares- plus a bunch of not to shabby fills. Don't know if they are "over compressed". If you ask me they aren't. Very nice kit for some good ol' boombap...
Hope that helps :up2:

Btw using loops is not cheating. Many of the big shot producers does (and did) it. Someone once said to just think of it more like a form of collaboration. You can't make everything on your own. Live recordings etc. And if you don't know that many people in the music biz personally, loops can be a very solid way to add some flavour to your tracks. And I'll take whatever i can to make my beats sound as good as possible. That's how i see it anyway.

members online