Trial & Error

A

Authority

How many of you producers learned from only trial and error?or did you take a class for music?

B

Burna

Most def. Trial and Error, best way to learn. Thats how it ALLL got started.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yeah thats basically how i learned how to make beats, i tought myself along with scratching beat juggling, ect. i wish i had people around me who had a lot of production experience, i would have learned a lot quick, and i am still learning, give me another year or two, then shits on

A

Authority

i feel exactly what your sayin .....mostly because i learned from trial and error....but ima just start learnin from this site .....yeah..... out

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
trial and error at first but then you get to a point where your like.... man I want to know how the pro's do this. What am I missin out on? Then you come to illmuzik or buy books from guitar center and watch your skill blow out the fuckin roof.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Damn i say one thing to u and u go turn it into a thread. Damn i sense if i keep tellin u shit u might run wit as yours but u cool fam. Life is Trial and Error thats how u figure out stuff. So look at it dat way. For some reason i feel like a bitch that just got left on da side of da road in no mans land. Damn!!

p.s. Oh dont worry you will get your 100 posts soon cause i know jus like u know where u goin wit dis!! (LOL-out lil secret)

BY DA WAY I LOVE TO JOKE AND HAVE FUN SO DONT TAKE IT TO DA HEAD!!!

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Money said:
Most def. Trial and Error, best way to learn. Thats how it ALLL got started.
Co-sign . . . Teaching yourself is the best way and you develop your own style as your comming along . . . If someone teaches you a certain way then your just following their style in my opinion . . .

Then once you start getting the hang and see your improvement it's a great feeling . . .

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
I'm definitely self taught by trial and error. Every piece of gear or software I got my hands on I would read the manual and then if there was a button or something that I wasn't sure about, I would push that shit to see what happens. Once you get a taste for it you can't stop.

A

Authority

To tell you guyz the truth I learned from yall.......real talk i used to no little to nothing about musik but the illmuzik fam helped me out.....thankx

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
trial and lots of errors

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Authority said:
To tell you guyz the truth I learned from yall.......real talk i used to no little to nothing about musik but the illmuzik fam helped me out.....thankx
Well I know you didn't learn anything from me cause I haven't been here that long, but I'm sure heads in here appreciate that. I know I picked up a few good tips in my short time here so I feel what your saying.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i started by trial and error. then i interned at a studio. that jumpstarted things, especially as far as recording technique and studio skills, so now im comfortable going into the sutdio with people and controlling things...

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trial and error, because when you finally figure it out, you'll be hyped up and feeling accomplished.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Trial and error.. And actually watching other people. I already knew how to put music together i just needed to learn the equipment..

But if you got some common sense then you can pretty much work anything.. lol.. trust me

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
whats the other way besides trial and error? i know when i first got reason and loaded it up, i was like wtf!?!? and then the wires.. i almost died. but trial and error has to be the best way for me to learn cuz not only do i know what to do.. i know what NOT to do

members online