Trinity

D

Devan Tha Dogen

Does anyone object that investing 1500 in a mint boss trinity would be a be a good investment, and a powerful beatmaking tool. it's got some nice presets, a built in sequencer, good bass/drum sounds, plus it would be easy to use in combination with a software sequencer like acid. i think it's worth while, but i've also got my eye on that mophatt turbo and just stick with my ghetto psr as a controller. thoughts?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Personally I think using a simple controller hooked up to various sound modules is the way to go. It saves a lot of $$$ and you're basically getting the same thing. Do you really need the the Trinity's functions? Or are you getting by with what you already have?

D

Devan Tha Dogen

true

i mean i think that i could make world class beats with my simple yet effective setup, but i got mad jazz training as a piano player and drummer, plus theory and shit, so i'm itching to create authentic, original material, i don't like the feeling that someone else created a sample and i'm just kind of taking credit for it (i know what we do is madd complex, but still it would be nice). regardless of if i get the shit or not, your still gon find me digging in the crates, hell i don't think i'll ever get tired of that.

thanks i'm still considering it as a possibility, i don't know if i want to blow my last 7 months of construction laboring in one spot on a keyboard....i don't know ive got issues to deal with here.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
I know whatcha mean about sampling. These days I always play out my own peices on a keyboard and treat the peices as samples and loop and chop as needed. if I want that live feel Ill play out the piece for the whole song. or just for a bridge or intro or outro. if you have all that training youd probably be much more happy and proud of the results if you could create more from your own mind (and fingers). maybe rent one for a month and see whatcha think

D

Devan Tha Dogen

dun know

WHaaaat, i forgot about this illy site. What up again y'all. Yea, nuff shit has gone down since this was posted. I ended up splurging on a yamaha motif8 and although im broke as the mufuckin' joke i am, i'm real glad i went with it. As a piano player you need a realistic feeling set of keys and as a producer you need a good palette of sounds and a nice format for sequencing and tweating your riddims. I can't say enough about the motif. What do all the other heads feel about this ish?

B

Briellz

Oh The Motif 8 is hot.....Swizz Beats use's that joint.

Faze is right though....you save money if you just buy modules and a midi controller.

members online