Triton / MPC help 2 questions...

• beat this! voting starts in...
T

Tello_CHI

Wassup fellas. Got a quick 2 part question. Im making my beats with the MPC 2000xl and the Trition Pro. I've been using the Triton's sequencer for my songs, and whenever one part of the song, say the intro goes into another part, like the hook or bridge sections, I get a slight off beat delay, and then the song goes into the next part of the cuelist. Is there a way to fix this delay between transitions to make it smooth on the Triton? Can I use the MPC's sequencer instead to make the transition smooth and prevent this delay?

2nd question...When the beat is done and mixed as best to my abilities with the Triton and MPC, what recording software program should I use to burn it to a cd on my laptop. I've researched and found that I can buy a PCMCIA soundcard and plug in through that, but which software can be used simply for taking that MIDI song info and turning it into a wav. or mp3. file, then burning it to cd?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yeah, why bother with 2 sequencers, unless they're identical you're asking for some trouble, especially in editing modes. Sell the triton and get the rack instead lol!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I'd buy a hardware rack burner instead of something that goes into your pc, i mean, if you're talking about burning a master. Try them Philips, they're good n cheap and will sound better then you're average pc burner.

T

Tello_CHI

Good lookin out. I'll look into a hardware rack burner and start using the MPC sequencer for songs. I figured that would be a solution but I wasn't sure. Im so used to sequencing with EPS and Triton that I didn't want to venture into using a completely different sequencer, but if it'll stop that delay, Im down. Thanks.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Well if you got a pc and also use a daw like Cubase or Logic you can route the mpc in midi thru mode meaning that your daw midi I/O go to the I/O of the MPC. On the remaining I/O of the mpc you should hook up the rest of your gear that then work as modules. In this way you can compose a song in the daw and record all the midi data on the mpc when the song is complete. Reason for doing this to use the mpc's timing which mostly more rocksolid then any other sequencer around. You can also just work from the mpc and make a template song where the midi channels and routing match up with the template you use on the daw so that editing the scores made on the mpc is also easy to work out on the pc. This also implies you can create a beat without a pc. Now, depending on your daw's farmcard, I mean, if you have a dual midi I/O on the pc you can hook up a masterboard on it. You can also do it through the mpc but then you have to fit it in the midichain with the rest of your gear.

So, there's a lot of option with the mpc hehe.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I think you need to convert the cuelist pattern into a song....there should be no delay after you do that man.......I have the identical setup.........i make the patteron on the triton or cuelist then convert it to a song.......and use the MPC as the master clock and midi sync......and set the triton up to use the mpc as the master......

T

Tello_CHI

Good advice Formant and BigD. I've become more accustomed over the years of using the workstation keyboard as the primary sequencer, but I have noticed that the MPC's sequencer is ideal, even better than the Triton. I think the best method for me will be to convert the cuelist to a song, then to the MPC from there.
I may eliminate the use of the PC all together and just get a solid multi-track recorder with a cd burner onboard. I like the feel of hardware when making music, PC composing and recording just isn't my thing. Thanks again

members online