Triton Rack+Reason

mc_reni

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hey whats up fam, I have just got my student loan money through in my bank so instead of using it for uni i thought i might as well cop my self the triton rack, but I was wondering weather you could use the rack with reason? Anyone know?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
yeah u definately can, but it might take a bit of messing around. you would need a MIDI controller to control the rack, and then plug the outputs of the rack into your soundcard. and if you want to keep the quality you will need quite a good soundcard.

the best thing to do would be to get the actual Triton.

but b4 u buy the rack, i gotta say u can now get the Motif workstation (not the rack) for much less £££ than the Triton rack. and also the Triton sounds cant touch Motif sounds.

i got my Motif for £650 brand new.

sAfE.

mc_reni

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yea i got an m-audio 4/10 sound card but i aint got no midi inputs, i gotta get one of those usb midi conerters. I also got a midi controler, how much for the motif rack? And also where did you get the rack from for that price?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i dont have the Motif rack, i got the Motif 6 (workstation). i got it imported from Germany, they do stuff real cheap over there.

sAfE.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i got the Motif for £650 here:

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw2_index.html

but they dont seem to be doin the Motif 6 anymore, just the ES. however they do have some amazing deals so its worthin having a look. you should also search some other German music sites, you might be suprised.

sAfE.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
thomas mann, www.musicstore.de in köln. It's nice, its like an hour drive from my place hehe.

But, go for the rack and rewire reason by Cubase or another platform. Cubase is your host for midi(rack) and reason in this case.

Personally I dont think buying a triton studio will make things better if it's the sound you're after, I mean, who needs another sequencer.

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
i was wondering the same thing, how to you get your Triton sounds intro reason. My roommate has a Triton Studio (keybaord, not rack), and i've got an mbox and all that. But i have yet to find a way to actually use the triton sounds in Reason??

What module do you use?? NN-XT?? NN-19?? Please let us know how it is supposed to be set up.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Shit, you cant, the only way to do it is to use reason like a plugin in cubase or any other host via rewire. That host will be used to midi connect the triton. So, you write a score within Reason itself and you write a score for the triton in the host application, in that way everything should runn in sync. So basically it's crap hehe, because you have to use 2 programs while it could've been reason itself if they only applied midi out to it.

mc_reni

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hey ppl, just picked up my triton rack and its badboy. As for using reason I cant b fucked with that at the mo so i'll go with using cubase. Thanks for the info guys.

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just sample the sounds off of the keyboard with bias peak or some similiar program, then take the wave files and load them into reasons sampler and it will spread the notes out across the keyboard, or u can load them into the redrum. thats what i would do.[and if i was u I'd send some of the samples 2 me :)]

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^^ I wouldnt do that, I mean, Reason aint everything and If you got things working in rewire you'd just not sample it but record your scores along the rest of the composition within Cubase.

Ez

members online