Tunecore? Has anyone here used it?

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
Just wondering if anyone can share their experience with this service? For those that don't know what they do, http://www.tunecore.com they are a middle man service between an independent artist and itunes, so basically anyone can get their material on itunes.

Reason I ask, is I was thinking of dropping my instrumental album on there, so just looking around and seeing whether it is worth while.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I am a huge fan of Tunecore...

You need to put your project up there pronto. Read their FAQ. You will see they do a lot of you. Since you have an insrtumental album, you can also use them for ringtones. I am going through them for my album.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
i used it to put out my last album...no complaints at all. straightforward service.

When you submitted your album.... how long did it take to go live on iTunes? The fine print says like 6 to 8 weeks.

I am looking to go live asap but it looks like I might have to wait a while.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
you gotta renew it every year. and it takes a minute to (month n half) but yeah, tunecore gets ur shit out there with the heavy hitters. we used for our boys single. sold a few joints on napster n itunes.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
hmm good to hear all these good reviews, I was skeptical a few years ago when relic originally posted it.. i think it was when it first came out. or am i mistaken.

I think i will be going thru them as well

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
yea we are using tuncore. The also print physical cd's. We are using both. There customer service is great. They are based in Brooklyn

Brooklyn? Isn't that the bootleg capitol of the world? Last time I was there I got 5 DJ Clue CD's right off the corner at 5 a piece. They had movies out that wasn't even out yet...LOL.

But Isn't the whole internet just one big bootleg system anyway?

It should be called Bootlegnet.