Tuning 808 Drum's

• beat this! voting starts in...

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Wassup peoples! I've been away from the forums for a LONG time but im back and need some clarity. Due to some personal issues i've sold my mpc(s) and just recently bought a mpd24 and doubling that up with Live 7 (Drum Rack is the shit!) The transition from hardware to software is tuff because i LOVVVEEE those MPC's! I dont think nothing can mimic the creativity it gives you due to the workflow of things ya know?

Any back, let me wipe my tears and get back on the subject... DRUMS! I'm trying to get that clear, banging, professional sounding crunk kit thats comparable to Drumma Boi (Plies Feat. T-Pain "Shawty") using d16 audio group's 808, 909, and 303 Vsti's. Any ideas on how to tune/layer these to get that sound im looking for?

Also, how do i create that low 808 bass drum tune (Boooommmm!)?

Thanks in advance fellas/ladies...

AFfriKkAaa

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I can't really help I'm afraid Snaelro, but out of curiosity what MPC did you have before? Cos I'm about to lose my MPC1000 for an MPD24 with Kontakt and your lament about creativity on the software has got me worried!

2 be honest its not something I can go back on now but I'd rather be ready for the pain!

members online