Tuning & Phase Aligning Your Kick & Bass

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Nice. I'll check these out soon. Whenever I see stuff like this I think about how this type of stuff was done pretty much by ear back in the day lol. But it's great to have all these tools to really nail it down.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I havent finished the vid yet but one thing to consider if you opt for phase aligning the kick & bass over side chaining /ducking the bass with the kick is the increase in amplitude since they're adding to each other. Maybe doing both is the ticket

I havent finished the vid yet but one thing to consider if you opt for phase aligning the kick & bass over side chaining /ducking the bass with the kick is the increase in amplitude since they're adding to each other. Maybe doing both is the ticket
this is done with side chaining, its quite an advanced mixing topic to be honest.
It takes the basic mixing techniques and combines them into something pretty complicated.
This is about sidechaining kick and sub and keeping them in phase, so yes you are correct, but watch a little more and you would have seen lol.