Turntable for sampling

• beat this! voting starts in...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Im looking for a decent budget turntable to simply sample vinyl with. anyone use a cheap turntable that they could reccommend?

would it need to have a built in pre-amp as the MPC does not have preamps?

thanks.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
don't get a portable, you will just end up wanting a better one later, people say it don't pick up as much low end, that's not to bad for me wiht normal sampling, because most of the time i will EQ out the low end in my samples and raise the hi/middle, and the low end of my beat is basslines, but for sampling drums, i just, i don't do it, and now i gotta save up money for a different turntables so i can sample drums/basslines properly

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
trebeatz said:
don't get a portable, you will just end up wanting a better one later, people say it don't pick up as much low end, that's not to bad for me wiht normal sampling, because most of the time i will EQ out the low end in my samples and raise the hi/middle, and the low end of my beat is basslines, but for sampling drums, i just, i don't do it, and now i gotta save up money for a different turntables so i can sample drums/basslines properly

portables are last resort but are still worthy.. and you cant take your 1200's to the record.
for 200 or so i say its worth it if your pockets can take it..

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I have a question about that too...

I have my turntable and my mixer is a Beringer EuroRack (http://www.behringer.com/MX602A/index.cfm?lang=ENG)... I wanted to plug it in the Tape In, but I didn't get sound... so, how should I go about pluggin it in? Do I need some converters to plug it in a 1/4 Stereo input channel?

buffalony

ill o.g.
the only thing u should be concerned about is if you think your going to be sampling scratches. If so get with a Direct drive table. If not just get a belt drive. They usually cost less.

karlman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just something to add, if someone thinks about buying a turntable
the pt01 has 1 letdown i recently discovered:
you can't use a different cartridge and (but that's just what the guy at the store told me) you can't just change the needle and replace it with a better one (according to the guy, this has to be done in some numark repair center and not every needle can be used)

maybe somebody can clarify the last point?

other (possible) letdowns (but not for me):
no start/stop button (to start the spinning you have to move the plastic arm over the lp)

i still would recommend it, have been using it now every day for the last months

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I would look into the needle aswell, not the turntable itself to sample from, the tg's from Shure are granted to give you a good pick up to sample from ( at least better than your dual stylus etc ).

members online