Turntable To Computer

• beat this! voting starts in...

HDBEATS

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Okay, Im alittle confused about the process an hardware an etc. Please could someone explain to me everything I will need in order for me to record vinyl to computer. Thanks

ill o.g.
It's on the illmuzik site, I think. Here's what I wrote on another message board...hopefully it's accurate, the others can correct me otherwise. The more knowledge the better.

"There are two turntables out now (one of which is a Numark) that let you record the audio of your vinyl directly onto your computer via USB. Ion Audio TTUSB and Numark TTUSB; both of them cost about $150.

The traditional method, though is to connect the turntable's phono outputs to a battle mixer or phono preamp, and then send the (line, I think?) outputs to your soundcard. This works with an out-of-box soundcard as well as a PCI soundcard, but if you don't have RCA (stereo) inputs you'll need to buy a little clip-on device that converts RCA to 1/8" stereo.

From that point, I'm pretty sure you just use your recording software as you normally would.

Just don't connect phono outputs directly to line input(s). Apparently that damages soundcards because the frequencies don't match."

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well, some new turntables have RCA outs (Numark TTX.) but personally, love the 1200 (don't have it yet but getting one soon, I can't wait!) and I have a preamp so that's all good.

members online